Tradestation2000i

Grotifant

Hi, I'm looking for a used version of Tradestation2000i - over 2000USD is simply to much for me. Anyone has an idea where I might be able to get it from? + does it only focus on technicals or can u also use fundamentals, such as P/E, for your models.

Is there any other software that allows u to create and backtest your own trading system?

Thank you!

Manuel

Grotifant, Hi
Trade Station 2000i is a great charting platform, unfortunately the licence agreement doesn't promote the transfer of ownership,and so you will perhaps find it difficult to find a used version. I am certainly not promoting it as I dont use it but I understand that Metastock has a back tesing facility and costs considerably less than $2000

Hmm. I dont think there any versions like that, infact is Trade Station 2000i still available to buy. Try not to do anything dodgy like kazza, imesh, emule, kazza-lite, edonkey as you could get could and it wouldn't be worth it. Try checking out Metastock for £1, I think JonnyT has bought it there - you could try saving up.

I would agree with NikNak about Metastock. Tradestation focuses on the TA side, as it allows you to program your own strategies but it also gives you news and other stuff like that. Sharescope focuses on Fundamentals, but is not worth the money. I think

Thx Ilia & NikNak, strange....why is it not possible to buy a used version.......I guess I will go for a generic programming language like C++ then. It's free and much more powerful....however, I'll have to put some serious work into learning it :(

Manuel

Hi Grotifant,

I have had the same problem as you when I started system trading. I built my own package with VB and XML to create patterns and trade them directly into my broker. I didn't want to pay so I used the IB's API. A lot of pain for no much gain (unreliable and not cost effective)
Then, discovered TradeStation 7 and it was really hassle free and a great expensive tool. It's worth it though but trade only the US market and Forex. I now moved on to being a reseller of TradeStation Technologies so I can answer your question.

You can buy an old version of TradeStation 2000i (e.g eBay) but you have to know (as stated on this thread) that the license is not transferable. Therefore you will receive no support from TradeStation but can still use their Support web Site (tradeStationworld.com). However other tools are very good for less money. The bottom line is ... based on my personal experience, I don't advise you creating your own tool in C++ but that's you to decide.

Grotifant , if you want to pick up a 2nd hand copy then advertise in the classifieds on www.elitetrader.com and/or this site.
Should cost around 3-400 dollars or so. Also be aware of what
Mdefosse mentioned.

Regards,

Imran

Tradestation/advance get

Hi All
I am thinking of buying tradestation and useing tenfore data feed, will you be able to put forex from tradestation into advance get if so how would you do it for future reference.

chris