Tradestation inquery

Lothario

how many of the forum members use tradestation for automatic order execution with thier trading systems?

how many of the forum members use tradestation for automatic order execution with thier trading systems?
Can you confirm whether you are talking about the new Tradestation or the old Tradestation 2000?

either would be ok. i don't know much about it...
i still use amibroker as my platform..but its not automated.

either would be ok. i don't know much about it...
i still use amibroker as my platform..but its not automated.
Well I personally don't know anyone who automates trades from either Tradestation version. However I understand from a friend that the latest version is a complete rewrite of the older TS2000i so there may be some major differences between the two.

Good luck!

I have been backtesting a stretegy on tradestation. Unfortunately i can only test 1 stock ata a time. Anyone no what system i can use to back test my strategy on 10, 50 or 100 stocks?

There should be a tool called ChartScanner on one of your TS menus. I'm using TS4 so I can't guarantee it's still called ChartScanner. I'd be surprised if they'd removed it.

I asked Tradestation this question and they reckoned about 5%. The fact is, building a profitable mechanical system is not that easy at all.

Most TS users use TS simply as an advanced charting package.

I dumped TS as i could use MT4 as an advanced charting package for forex, and metatrader4 is free also.