Traders University- Can anyone understand the following email?

Again I question the phrase "expert marketers".

If you create an impression in the mind of the average person that you are targetting that trading is easy and that you can make fast profits, is that being expert marketers? Or is it it being economical with the truth?

In this business marketing is inseparable from lying.

I have just received the following message form our friend Winters. This just an example that new and developing traders should avoid at all cost. Especially with words highlighted. The suggested cost is for just over 200 pounds for 2 days, but be aware they hard sell another course that will cost you thousand of pounds to further coach you to believe that you could earn 270+ in 10 minutes. what BS(n)

Dear TT,
From Darren Winters (owner of Wealth Training)
I’ve persuaded one of the most successful and experienced Forex traders in the world to run three seminars for the first time EVER in this country... where he’ll be sharing techniques he’s personally used to make over $50 Million for the banks he’s worked for and his clients. (I’m even attending as a student, as this guy really is the best)
He’ll reveal the real reason why most people never make a penny from Forex and the fatal mistake not covered in any current UK Forex training that he’s seen... and how by avoiding this mistake, the FX markets can be one of the most profitable and enjoyable ways to make easy, quick money.
For full details go to: www.ukforexmasters.co.uk
This is completely different to any other FX training course and the offer he’s making is truly incredible. Once you’ve read the report on the website, you’ll understand why all seminar places will be gone in a matter of days (if not hours).
This is the ONLY scheduled appearance by this FX legend in the UK. So it will be just a limited few who manage to get to meet him. You’ll learn techniques that could have you pulling in £270-£470 for every 10 minutes you’re in the FX markets - even if you have no previous FX experience.
Go to www.ukforexmasters.co.uk
This really is a once in a life time event, where you can learn from one of the best Forex traders in the World – techniques that other professionals and banks would rather have banned from public knowledge. If you manage to get a place you’ll finally know how easy it can be, with the right strategies, to succeed in FX Trading.
www.ukforexmasters.co.uk

Ken, whatever it takes to make the sale. That's the reality of 90% of businesses these days.

Got to love the bit about 'one of the best Forex guys on the planet'.

As if somebody as successful as that in the markets would be happy to talk with a bunch of people, 80% of who either don't know what shorting is or are struggling to properly understand the concept.

See Ken, whatever it takes to make the sale which is why this fella is billed as he is.

Winters is a fecking cokc. Do not pay any money to this con artist. I trade forex to make 30 pips a day, nowhere do I concentrate on P&L. Pips is what its all about. If I am in a trade and I see the cokcsuckers (winters students) come to the market then I just take the other side.
I posted a picture of this geezer on this forum and got banned, (well maybe his daughter).

Last edited:
This thread will get deleted if anyone says anything critical about Knowledge to Action.

I will not say anything critical here (that's what PM's are for) but want to let you all know that, after attending their 2 day introductory course, I provided a witness statement for a fellow student who took them to court, claiming a full refund on the basis that their advertising was misrepresentative and misleading. Knowledge to Action settled the claim...

Quick

I bet they have a policy of quietly refunding people if they persist. The trick as ever with these people is to either threaten court, or take them to court.

Anyone can do this, it's easy, as long as you're willing to put some hours in. Use the excellent book by Judge Patricia Pearl (search Amazon). The good Judge gives you a play-by-play plan of attack.

Remember everyone, court costs money, time, effort and hassle, so maybe it's cheaper to settle out of court.........

Sucker up to his old tricks again... Its all Marketing smoke and mirrors.. I wish for the day when authorities shut down this type of oxygen thief and throw away the key..

Quick

I bet they have a policy of quietly refunding people if they persist. The trick as ever with these people is to either threaten court, or take them to court.

Anyone can do this, it's easy, as long as you're willing to put some hours in. Use the excellent book by Judge Patricia Pearl (search Amazon). The good Judge gives you a play-by-play plan of attack.

Remember everyone, court costs money, time, effort and hassle, so maybe it's cheaper to settle out of court.........

Back when I was starting out I almost got caught by this lot. To cut a long story short I paid them a deposit for a course without properly checking them out. I subsequently did a couple of checks and found that they claimed to have an award from a non existent business magazine. I rang them up and called them on it, they said definitely no refunds, I said I don't want a refund I just want to warn you that I'm coming to the course and I'm going to tell everyone about your fake award. They said they'd get back to me which they did, they said I seemed to be the wrong sort for this type of course so they were refunding me my money (which they did immediately)

I went on a Traders [sic] University course 6 years ago, but in my defence, I was only 21 years of age, knew absolutely zero about the markets and desperately wanted to learn. For someone like me, it probably was of some use, because it taught me the basics of trading (albeit for an extremely inflated price!).

I quickly realised it'd all been a marketing/conversion exercise as opposed to anything actually based upon substance as the days and weeks passed though, when I began getting constant marketing emails from the company with links through to their various affiliates selling ebooks and god knows what else!

P.S. Why does it say I am in the United Kingdom but shows a US flag? :(

Back when I was starting out I almost got caught by this lot. To cut a long story short I paid them a deposit for a course without properly checking them out. I subsequently did a couple of checks and found that they claimed to have an award from a non existent business magazine. I rang them up and called them on it, they said definitely no refunds, I said I don't want a refund I just want to warn you that I'm coming to the course and I'm going to tell everyone about your fake award. They said they'd get back to me which they did, they said I seemed to be the wrong sort for this type of course so they were refunding me my money (which they did immediately)

NO WAY......

You mean you almost got suckered out by Secker????????????????????????

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: No Way, I don't believe it.... What made you wanna buy the Traders University course?