Traders' Knowledge Lab!

Sharky

Staff
We were determined to go live with the new section of the site before Christmas, and with a lot of hard works over the past few weeks and months I'm very pleased to say we are now live!

The "Trader's Knowledge Lab" will continue to grow in 2005 to become an essential resource for traders everywhere. We kick of the launch with the 8 articles written by both T2W Members and outside experts. But new addition will be added all the time, along with brand new resources - software, brokers, topic guide + lots more coming next year!

Click here to enter the Lab

You can also access it from the front page and the updated menu bar across the top of the screen.

Some of the pictures of the contributers are rather old...

Without mentioning names they look nothing like that!!!!

JonnyT

Nice work Sharky (& Co). I can see this building into a very useful additional trading resource.

If there is a wish-list can I add one to it and that's to provide the articles in downloadable/printable format (pdf or similar)?

Maybe just a personal thing, but I find it far easier to assimilate lengthy (more than one screen) information in an off-line/printed medium.

Glad you think so Tony. The printable format is already available - just click the "printer" icon at the top of each article and you'll get the whole thing on a single page, in a printer friendly format.

Well done again Sharky

Another first for a great site.

No wonder so many people are signing up to this site so quickly - Just think this site nearly have as many members as Elite Trader within such a short period of time.

Maybe you could ask Des to do a special training video for this section as he seems to be very good at teaching.

Sharky said:
The printable format is already available - just click the "printer" icon at the top of each article and you'll get the whole thing on a single page, in a printer friendly format.
:eek: Thinking of changing my Nick to HawkEye...

rglenn said:
Maybe you could ask Des to do a special training video for this section as he seems to be very good at teaching.

Already talking to him about that. :D

There's no reason why 'articles' need be text only - we should be able to host most ways of presentation - whether its 'videos', powerpoint (there's also one of these in the pipeline) etc - these are all really effective means of illustrating trading concepts. So if anyone wants to have a try at producing 'interactive' articles, feel free to get in touch.

BTW - thanks to all the contributors - it was great to be able to kick off the section with so many interesting pieces - it's much appreciated.

Sharky said:
Click here to enter the Lab

You can also access it from the front page and the updated menu bar across the top of the screen.

For those who don't enter through the "portal", have you considered making the articles "sticky" within the appropriate category such as some (e.g., First Steps) have now? A given article needn't be wildly popular in order to be of value, but threads sink quickly unless they are posted to regularly (and then can become too bloated to be of use). Having these articles at the tops of their respective forums would be extremely user-friendly, particularly to those who are new to the site.

dbphoenix said:
For those who don't enter through the "portal", have you considered making the articles "sticky"

You're right that easy navigation is important and as the topic pages fill up we'll certainly think about whether some articles should be sticky.

On the subject of navigation I hope everyone finds it straightforward in the Knowledge Lab generally. There are a number of ways to be alerted to new content: new articles will appear on the front page; the T2W Bot creates a new thread in the relevant forum and the 'What's New' page will show all additions in chronological order.

In case none of that got your attention, there have been a number of articles added since the initial launch, and these can be found at

Anatomy of a Trade

Day Trading the Dow Jones

The Secret of Reduced Market Spreads

Japanese Candlesticks: The Doji

Hopefully you've all found something of interest in the first couple of weeks. We'll try and keep the pace of articles going as well as adding a few more 'resources' over the coming weeks.

Feel free to let us have any suggestions or requests - but best of all try your hand at writing something!

Thanks again to all who've contributed so far and those who've agreed to produce things in the future.

In response to dbphoenix's point about stick threads -if I understand correctly the idea would be to make the comment threads about each article (which appears in the article topic's corresponding forum) sticky (ie. it's stuck to the top of the list of threads). Although I think we should use sticky threads more to highlight particularly important threads (like the T2W Guides), the problem with doing this would be that over time the number of articles in each topic would become excessive, and sticky threads work best when there's a maximum of 4 of 5 I think.

All the same, thanks for the suggestions and we'd welcome any more ideas. In particular if members would like to contribute their own article then please email Daniel at [email protected] for the submission guidelines.