Traders in Malta

sumgai

I know this topic has been touched before but I would like to know if there are any traders in Malta still active on this board.
I've been contemplating the move to Malta for some time now: good weather, everything-nearby, english speaking population and supposedly low taxes - unbeatable combination. Of course even the main island is tiny but I'd consider that a small con. I do have some unanswered questions about health care and the actual tax filing. So, if anyone living in Malta or lived in Malta reads this, do speak up :)

I'm still trading from malta

Hi there!

I am new to Malta!

I will start a job as trader and I am looking to meet people since I just arrived and I don't know anyone there yet. I think that it can be a good starting point to have at least a center of interest in common.

I've read that capital gains produced outside of Malta are tax free. Is that true only as long as they are kept abroad? I have read at http://www.mxpmalta.com/malta-high-n...sidence-scheme that if you are a High Net Worth Individual, it's tax free even if you remit them.

Would trading winnings qualify as capital gains or as income, and are they considered to be won inside or outside Malta? I just trade more or less 1 day per month, so I'm not a high volume trader, but it would be my main source of income when living in Malta.