Traders from Australia?

Hi All,

Currently, I'm only trading the UK markets but will be looking to expand into the US later on this year hopefully.

Regards,

Chorlton

PS. I've only been living here in Melbourne for a year but what a great place !!! :)

You've got a nasty taste for staying up late Chorlton, s_step too!

Do you guys go out to the night clubs after you finish?

Attachments

• f_11m_c34a11b.jpg
    f_11m_c34a11b.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 296
I trade US market closes for things like FOMC in summer, but when daylight saving changes for winter it just not worth it.

I trade SFE during the morning, have a long lunch break and then trade the European Morning in the afternoon/evening. It is a better lifestyle than i thought it would be when i first moved here 6 months ago.

Infinitely better than a working week in london!

I also have a very limited trading network in Australia and am keen to expand it!

You've got a nasty taste for staying up late Chorlton, s_step too!

Do you guys go out to the night clubs after you finish?

strange, Ive seen that face before........

tell me that's you behind the keyboard...please :cheesy:

Hello All,

Out of interest, which Australian traders use Amibroker as their charting package?

should be with you guys soon, moving to the gold coast next year.........can't wait i absolutely love it there.

hey, i'm base don gold coast, perfect life, simply amazing weather.

ever wana chat, add me to skype - cfdtrader69

i'm sure to be aroudn during the asian and europe session.

Hi!

I live in Hervey Bay in Queensland and trade my own account, full-time, from a home office and have done so since 2000.

Have mainly traded ASX blue chips and SPI200 but the last year have started trading forex and overseas indices, as well as some commodities.

I'm a price action focussed technical trader. Email and Messenger is hardballgets at bigpond.com.

Hi - I am living in Puckapunyal (if your from Oz you will probably guess my job) and have been here (from UK) for 2 years. I SB'd in the UK and ended up losing most of my money in the account because I was gambling. I want to learn to trade properly to release me from the shackles of my "career" rather than wanting to get rich!

I like Australia though miss bits of the UK.

I have signed up with CMC markets here but not trading till I know what I am about and what the markets are about! looking to trade one FX pair and one index.

Best,

Swissy (yes - I am half swiss too)

Hello!
I am in Melbourne.
I am a final year Commerce student looking to become a professional trader. I have traded equities, but my strategy is not one that works every day. I would love to be coming up with new strategies/trading them as a career.

It would be great to meet you guys.

excel

Hi everyone,

I've signed up to an account with CMC markets Australia for CFDs on Index and FX.

Has anyone got any views - good/bad. I find their trading platform a bit clunky (demo) but as a newbie but I am not live trading until i am happy that I am competent.

Considering signing up to IG for "Trade sense" and beyond.

Any advice welcome,

Regards,

Swissy

Hi everyone,

I've signed up to an account with CMC markets Australia for CFDs on Index and FX.

Has anyone got any views - good/bad. I find their trading platform a bit clunky (demo) but as a newbie but I am not live trading until i am happy that I am competent.

Considering signing up to IG for "Trade sense" and beyond.

Any advice welcome,

Regards,

Swissy

your major challenge is lack of depth (that'd be none!) and if youre moves are dictated by oscillations then the time ranges are misleading to the underlying (regardless of how futile indicias are to start) because the market makers are playing their own desk you have to contend with the indicators going astray from the underlying and that is over several frames and also the bars are not gogint to function the same as the exchange.....you'll often get 1-3 second spikes to get yu to jump and so the intermediary desk is getting their jollies before you do......you need to know what the desk is doing...I mean.....anticipate the moves of the desk into the opens and closes.....so you need to know when to have those open pos closed so that the bigger clearances of stops arent done by the desk when there's no market....also the desk may (often does) swing a price range through typical stops into the close when intra bank work is done and you can't close your pos......I'm implying that overnight swing pos are night advised......not by me........study for while.......on the upside the futes market makes very well like the open session so once you read the flow of the plays then you get a better lever and can accommadate stupid swings designed for impulse traders......the news pos is fruitful only if youre absolutely clear on the levels and watch the set-up inot the news release and keep it in context of the larger trends and s/r etc the desk is very good at moving against the obvious fear/greed factor so if in doubt,leave it out for the news plays.....your biggest challenge remains; no depth of anything...remember their desk has depth and you don't...they see your stops but you don't see anyone elses......make sense?

hooroo

your major challenge is lack of depth (that'd be none!) and if youre moves are dictated by oscillations then the time ranges are misleading to the underlying (regardless of how futile indicias are to start) because the market makers are playing their own desk you have to contend with the indicators going astray from the underlying and that is over several frames and also the bars are not gogint to function the same as the exchange.....you'll often get 1-3 second spikes to get yu to jump and so the intermediary desk is getting their jollies before you do......you need to know what the desk is doing...I mean.....anticipate the moves of the desk into the opens and closes.....so you need to know when to have those open pos closed so that the bigger clearances of stops arent done by the desk when there's no market....also the desk may (often does) swing a price range through typical stops into the close when intra bank work is done and you can't close your pos......I'm implying that overnight swing pos are night advised......not by me........study for while.......on the upside the futes market makes very well like the open session so once you read the flow of the plays then you get a better lever and can accommadate stupid swings designed for impulse traders......the news pos is fruitful only if youre absolutely clear on the levels and watch the set-up inot the news release and keep it in context of the larger trends and s/r etc the desk is very good at moving against the obvious fear/greed factor so if in doubt,leave it out for the news plays.....your biggest challenge remains; no depth of anything...remember their desk has depth and you don't...they see your stops but you don't see anyone elses......make sense?

hooroo

Blimey - Thanks for replying, after deciphering I think your saying the "desk" manipulates the traders (as I don't have DMA) and plays them like a fish. Suckers like me will be cleaned up as I don't know what I am doing. Agreed - still gotta learn - thats why I am on this forum..and taking it slow. Learnt a lot of harsh lessons from UK SB whilst over there (back to square one for me) and I want to minimise my "educational" losses when live trading. The chips are stacked against us I know....I don't want to become another lemming but I do want to learn.

Regards,
Swissy

playing within the designated hitting zone is not nipulatin....can't even say the word.....it's more, you figure it out coz this is business......don't get too caught in the hype of how things work.......just observe the mechanism and see that there are people who create market and lemmings who are pumped......think of yourself as a lemming....you don't become one....that's like saying your an expert now and careful not to undo the good work.......best pros have an "i'm a lemming, what's the lemming next to me gonna do?" approach.....wanna know what a lemming looks like? find any chart, bingo; lemmingss :)))