Trade in Indian Stock Markets

panzertrade

Hi,

I would like to invest in the Indian Stock Markets, i need guidance on how to go about it? All the help is appreciated.
Also with such a high rise in the Indian stocks is it still an attractive market to venture in?

Hi,

I would like to invest in the Indian Stock Markets, i need guidance on how to go about it? All the help is appreciated.
Also with such a high rise in the Indian stocks is it still an attractive market to venture in?

There was a huge correction in the indian stock market in the month of january , in fact it was a crash!. The final quarter results of many companies are bringing some positive news and the general sentiment is that Bull run is not yet over . I would say that market is taking a nap for a while. Moreover the underlying cause of the january crash is believed to be global cues. Indian growth story seems to be intact, unless some cataclysmic event occurs at national or interanational level. The prices of frontline shares are at attractive levels compared to the december 2007 peaks.

As for trading in indian markets, there are no of brokers like religare, geojit,5paisa,indiabulls who offer online trading facilities.

I suppose you are a Non Resident Indian (NRI), willing to invest in the Indian market.
You can open a demat and trading account with any Online Brokers in India who offer NRI investing option. ICICI Bank is offering this package.
With this, you can start investing in the stocks of both Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and the National Stock Exchange (NSE).

I suppose you are a Non Resident Indian (NRI), willing to invest in the Indian market.
You can open a demat and trading account with any Online Brokers in India who offer NRI investing option. ICICI Bank is offering this package.
With this, you can start investing in the stocks of both Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and the National Stock Exchange (NSE).

Any suggestion on which platform offers a good charting facility for Indian stocks?
also which company is good for demat?
a friend recommended Kotak - any views?

indiabulls is the best.. it has the best trading platform called "Power IndiaBulls" (PIB).. seriously..it has the best intraday charting service.. with so many indicators..its the best in india u cn get fr free.. my dad used kotak too..it may be a lil better thn other platforms..bt cannot be compared with PIB at all

Any suggestion on which platform offers a good charting facility for Indian stocks?
also which company is good for demat?
a friend recommended Kotak - any views?

hello all,
my first message on this forum....:clap:. basically a desi into day trading the Indian markets.....can anyone guide me around with forex and a good forex broker...
btw FYI,i have 6 accounts with 6 different leading brokerages(none worth as far as charting goes{India i,e}) ,i suggest u subsrcibe to esignal>ami/meta(tick data)...
all the best!

Last edited:
If you want to "invest" in Indian stocks why not buy an Exchange Traded Fund from someone like Barclays capital ?Maybe something like SENSEX India Tracker ETF- You asked about Investing so I am wondering if you are looking for a long term holding (1yr or more) and not a short term speculative product..ETF's give pretty good exposure to any market/sector you like.