trade from a yacht

LOL....I love the way taxation brings out the creative side to human nature

Let's see over $150k capital expenditure (presuming your yacht looks more like a Kayak than a yacht) ...depreciation ...maintenance ,running and mooring fees ...hiring 3 bozos at $250pm (plus the cost of chips 3 times a day to feed them) approx $10k pa then another 3 to actually run the thing presuming the bozos at that price can just about manage to open a tin of beans ,or at a push could be used as bargaining chips for when you get waylaid by rogues on the open seas.

So if you have a tax bill over approx say $100k pa a life on the ocean waves might start to be possibly worthwile financially ...alternatively bung Pedro at the local Panamanian tax office the cost of a pizza each week and you could live on dry land tax free in perpertuity ...keep it simple I say.

chump said:
alternatively bung Pedro at the local Panamanian tax office the cost of a pizza each week and you could live on dry land tax free in perpertuity ...keep it simple I say.

LOL - I like the chump alternative tax plan much better :LOL:

Well, actually!

Well, actually Panama is not such a bad idea IMO. Of course, there will always be other and alternatives locations you may wish to consider and you can find out more here: http://www.lowtax.net/

HTH

Cheers

Mayfly

PS: I kinda thought that you already had a yacht, Arbitrageur?
:)

Panama is not a bad option from a tax point of view and that is correct. For those who left grey behind in favour of bald you may wish to know that you can trade to your hearts content and you will only pay tax on those funds that you actually repatriate to Panama ! Not too shabby if your main thought is simply topping up the trough ,or providing everyday revenue so that you can pass along some of your capital for your offspring to feast upon whilst enjoying the latin experience.