Trade at any time

Hi guys this is my first post ever.

This question it's for the short term traders. I want to give you guys a context before I get into the question:

I have a poker background. In poker I developed a strategy in which I* play the most with weaker competition (some people claims that's not real poker, but that's a different story). I learn to choose a player pool(Euro players, US players, Asian players) based on the hour of the day, and also if I'm free or awake(meaning that I'm always playing against weak competition).

I notice that there is a lot of correlation between poker and trading when it comes to strategy, psychology and money management. My world is Forex. I did little research and I find a lot of negative things such as brokers trading against you, market manipulation and that it has a lot of markets that are hard predict(I hear somewhere that there are obvious trends and patterns in non Forex markets...it reminds me when I quit PokerStars to play at a softer site). Is like going on vacation on different city or country just to find out that you live on an expensive one.

I think what I trying to ask here if is there an specific time in the day to trade options, crypto, stocks or Forex. I can only speak for the last one(there's alot of volume during the mornings, specially on Wednesdays and Thursdays)

I was listening to this guy podcast the other day, he say that he trade* crypto currency in the nights and that volume wasn't that bad. I thought that there was little to no volume during the night, or maybe is my little world(again I only know about forex, but I like to trade anything that moves).

I will like to know your thoughts on this one.
If this is a repetitive post, can you guys point me in the right direction.
I'll appreciate answers that are more than a single word or one line sentence.

Thanks,
Someone that will like trading seriously

Money earning opportunities can be easily achieved by the foreign currency exchange traders as a trader can earn money several market sessions or centers as they wish. As forex is a 24 hours market a trader can make decisions of trading at any suitable time of trading he wants. As I am a scalper, I favor to choose short term trading horizon to trade so that I can take advantage of smaller price fluctuations.

Hi guys this is my first post ever.

This question it's for the short term traders. I want to give you guys a context before I get into the question:

I have a poker background. In poker I developed a strategy in which I* play the most with weaker competition (some people claims that's not real poker, but that's a different story). I learn to choose a player pool(Euro players, US players, Asian players) based on the hour of the day, and also if I'm free or awake(meaning that I'm always playing against weak competition).

I notice that there is a lot of correlation between poker and trading when it comes to strategy, psychology and money management. My world is Forex. I did little research and I find a lot of negative things such as brokers trading against you, market manipulation and that it has a lot of markets that are hard predict(I hear somewhere that there are obvious trends and patterns in non Forex markets...it reminds me when I quit PokerStars to play at a softer site). Is like going on vacation on different city or country just to find out that you live on an expensive one.

I think what I trying to ask here if is there an specific time in the day to trade options, crypto, stocks or Forex. I can only speak for the last one(there's alot of volume during the mornings, specially on Wednesdays and Thursdays)

I was listening to this guy podcast the other day, he say that he trade* crypto currency in the nights and that volume wasn't that bad. I thought that there was little to no volume during the night, or maybe is my little world(again I only know about forex, but I like to trade anything that moves).

I will like to know your thoughts on this one.
If this is a repetitive post, can you guys point me in the right direction.
I'll appreciate answers that are more than a single word or one line sentence.

Thanks,
Someone that will like trading seriously

Hi There

I played a lot of poker in the 1970's...my dad was pretty good and played a lot of tournaments (all pretty off the books in those days) and he taught me a lot ...

I also dabbled in the early days of online poker .....but in truth theres one thing i cannot understand about online poker that stops me trusting my £££ to it in any quantity ......someone somewhere can see your hand !!! ......its electronic !!!..... not a physical card table where you have a fighting chance assuming the house is playing fair ...:smart:

anyway aside from that .....yes you have spotted an important edge .....timezones , volume, news events are all incredibly important in choosing your trading instrument etc etc

everything can offer an edge......and everything you can do to put more odds in your favour will assist you ...just like poker

most traders hav'nt got a clue ....they do what is convenient for them and not the markets ......hence they lose and are the patsies .......so take that money off them !

N

I would like to see trading being extended to 24/7.
Perhaps there is a sabbath type law in some places that forbids it ?
Only a matter of time before it happens.

Cryptocurrencies are traded 24/7 as far as I know, but I don't know whether that would ever extend to Forex as well.

I would like to see trading being extended to 24/7.
Perhaps there is a sabbath type law in some places that forbids it ?
Only a matter of time before it happens.

all markets can be traded 24/7 ...........you just need a buyer and a seller .........

If you want to use time as one of the matters to build your strategy on, take a look at trading US stocks during pre-market and afterhours sessions (before 9:30 and after 16:00). The liquidity is low, but sometimes there could be exellent opportunities, if you know what to look for.

If you want to use time as one of the matters to build your strategy on, take a look at trading US stocks during pre-market and afterhours sessions (before 9:30 and after 16:00). The liquidity is low, but sometimes there could be exellent opportunities, if you know what to look for.

Do tell us more

:clap:

the liquidity is the issue though ........if im wrong i need to be able to get out without being killed on slippage ....hence why i trade Forex

N

Hi again, and thank you all for taking the time to answer this question. I have mix feelings after reading and digesting the information I got from all of your comments.

1)I have the feeling that must of you are responding on auto pilot, It feels more like a "copy paste" answer. This was a problem that I was facing at the Poker forums(I think is still is!), people answering whatever comes to mind, or maybe...

2)...ITS ME. I'm not explaining myself correctly:

Let's say I'm teaching everything I know about poker to a Trader. One of my first questions will be: At what time in day you will be playing poker? And then I'll recommend to him/her a poker site(It's like chosing a broker, but not 100% accurate) based on the hour of day or night he/she will be playing.

In poker instead of markets you have player pools: American players, Euro players and Asian players that play at prime time -after work hours-(try to imagine here different markets giving you all sort of easy patterns based on the hour of the day or night). The thing I was avoiding was playing against an opponent that was playing poker at 2pm on a Tuesday (his/her local time). This how you know you are not playing against an amateur.

Can we get such thing if we combine Forex, Stocks, Options, Crypto and whatever it is that can be trade?