Toyz for the Boyz

Speed isn't everything.
I would like to see someone bring back to life the zeppelins of yesteryear. They travelled in comfort at a low height to best see the land below. Better use helium tho !!

When you said speed itsn't everything, it struck a chord...

Amazing cycle super highways making bikes the transport of the future

Great ideas...
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/03/04/tech/city-cycle-super-highways/

150217112123-skycycle-exlarge-169.jpg

Reactions: jsc
Speed isn't everything.
I would like to see someone bring back to life the zeppelins of yesteryear. They travelled in comfort at a low height to best see the land below. Better use helium tho !!

If anyone has a few million to spare this could be a money making idea. The airships would leisurely float over scenic areas taking paying passengers. Also very useful for surveying areas cheaply.

Attachments

• airship.htm
    23.9 KB · Views: 518
Last edited:
Got burgled two weeks ago and had my Daytona stolen, b***turds. The reaction it got was always memorable!

Attachments

• 116518chdbr.jpg
    116518chdbr.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 332
Speed isn't everything.

really interesting comment about our constant need for faster and quicker.
reminded me of a TEDtalk from an advertising guy about perspectives.

He posited an idea about trains, where the passengers would be given the best champagne and caviar, served by supermodels, and the passengers would demand the trains were made slower! and it would save £Xbillion.

re: zepps. its all about the journey, not the destination!

Got burgled two weeks ago and had my Daytona stolen, b***turds. The reaction it got was always memorable!

How do you steal a watch...I mean it's kind of a risky proposition...what if you assumed it was a genuine Rolex (or some other expensive fancy brand watch), but it turns out to be fake, or not what you thought it to be,...that would be funny for the burglar :cheesy: to find out.

The robber must have known you, to steal an expensive watch?

How do you steal a watch...I mean it's kind of a risky proposition...what if you assumed it was a genuine Rolex, but it turns out to be fake...that would be funny for the burglar :cheesy: to find out.

There used to be a gang of muggers around Mayfair that mugged people coming out of posh hotels for their watches. Might have retired to your area ?

:cheesy:

Some cities have a litter problem, some suffer from high crime rates and others might have a lack of affordable housing. And then you have Dubai, which for the last several years has been facing the unusual problem of high end sports cars being abandoned and left to gather thick layers of dust at airport car parks and on the roadside across the city.

If you’ve ever been to Dubai or anywhere in the United Arab Emirates, you will have noticed they have a serious car culture out there, with a particular preference for the latest and greatest in high-end super cars. But like the rest of the world, Dubai has fallen on hard times. Once the hub of the oil economy and the centre of a booming property market, foreigners, mostly British, invested in the red hot market. Newly wealthy ex-pats bought the latest Italian and German sports cars to compliment their millionaire lifestyles– and then the global economic crisis came along and burst everybody’s bubble.

Thousands of the finest automobiles ever made are now being abandoned every year since Dubai’s financial meltdown, left by expatriates and locals alike who flee in a hurry because they face crippling debts. With big loans to repay to the banks (unpaid debt or even bouncing a cheque is a criminal offence in Dubai), the panicked car owners make their way to the airport at top speeds and leave their vehicles in the car park, hopping on the next flight out of there, never to return.

Ferraris, Porsches, BMWs, Mercedes are regularly abandoned at the car park of Dubai International Airport, some with loan documents and apology notes simply left on the windscreen and in some cases with the keys still in the ignition.

Last year, a Ferrari Enzo, one of only four hundred manufactured, was seized by police having spent several months in a car park collecting dust. The million dollar motor went on sale at auction alongside other Ferraris, Porsches, Range Rovers and Mercedes plucked from the roadside.

Residents complain about the unsightly vehicles hogging parking spaces at the airport and sitting slumped outside their fancy yacht clubs– it’s like, so not a good look. On the plus side, discount Ferraris for everyone!

Sigh. :cry:

How do you steal a watch...I mean it's kind of a risky proposition...what if you assumed it was a genuine Rolex (or some other expensive fancy brand watch), but it turns out to be fake, or not what you thought it to be,...that would be funny for the burglar :cheesy: to find out.

Well it was in its box with certificate and even the receipt from Dubai Duty Free :eek:
I wish it was just the watch, they ransacked all the bedrooms and took pretty much all jewellery :(.
I'm still hoping the police will perform some miracle and find it....thank god they didn't take the keys for the toy parked outside ;)

It's fast, very fast

Attachments

• Bugatti.jpg
    Bugatti.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 306
Gold fever

Yes with this gadget the makers claim one can detect the presence of gold metres away.

Attachments

• Gold scanner.PNG
    Gold scanner.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 377