"Toss Up"

RogerM

the result would probably be the same - because a lot of little losses soon add up to a big loss - and the sooner the trader exits the trade - the sooner the monkey can get another trade on - so more and more small losses are goona build up to equal the longer term losses the monkey might produce by calling the exits

but nice point and well worth thinking about

but here's a thought - same analogy - but how about a monkey's chance of success to someone who a) writes books about trading b) trains people in trading or 3) an analyst 4) a broker

would all people who feel they fit a), b) ,c) or d) please send all their love letters to me at

postbox 1
szenpdodsdf

Last edited:
If you decide to enter a trade then you have control over how and when you enter. It is not the same for the exit because you simply do not know where the market will take you so all you can do is scenario plan your exit. So I would argue that you have more control over entry than you do exit and as such entry criteria should be a key consideration in any trade.

Paul

if you have to come up with one answer - i would also go with entry - because with a monkey on the exit key - the only entering i would be doing would be with my girlfriend, and if the monkey got bored and a bit fiesty - i'd make sure it could not come knocking on my door !

and how about this - a lot of monkeys die because when searching for food - they put their hands (paws?) down holes to bring up the food - but of course - cant get their fist size hands out of the holes. but wont let go of the food - sounds like a long term "safe investor" to me - just cant bring themselves to sell - even when the stock is bankrupting them or poor old joe shmo who gave them the money to "invest"

Last edited: