The Tornado Trading System

CONRAN

the tornado trend trading system

Hi

I received an e-mail a few days ago from T2W about The Tornado Trend Trading System. However when I type the title in the search on T2W web-site it can't find any matches. Has anyone heard about this system and if so, any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Zenda is your man/woman for this. i believe it is one of JB's courses..

there is a review of it in the reviews section...

let me forage for a link..

Hi Conran

Been using Tornado Trading System for a couple of weeks and looks pretty good so far.Due to problems with my computer my ability to trade has been a bit restricted but up and running now and hope to now get into it properly.If you follow the simple rules you can capture some nice trends and should get out early if a position goes against you with only a small loss.

Not sure of your level of experience-if a novice John Bartlett's "Currency Trading for Beginners" is an excellent starting point.When you start to purchase trading systems you are swimming in shark infested waters as I know from personal experience :( :(

Plenty of people looking to part you from your money in return for a load of overpriced rubbish :devilish: :devilish:

In my opinion John Bartlett is a notable exception-one of the "good guys" in this jungle and more concerned with helping you than with making a fast buck :) :)

Though opinions will vary...

It is my opinion that, considering this is from John Bartlett, and is priced as well as this one is, I think if you were at all thinking about it - go ahead and try it.

I don't trade Forex and haven't seen the system, but at that price from someone as well know for training and 'straight talking' as John is, then I think it would be hard not to get anything from it. And at that price...

have taken delivery this evening of said Tornado.
( thankfully, no concrete blocks where radar should be )

it has a quaintness about it, that I enjoyed.
eg; spelling mistakes, unusual english ( "when the lines are diverging together" ), and dog barking in background. :)

nothing unique about it. but appears based on solid TA.
( the "range" idea I first came across at Jake bernstein seminar )

will review more thoroughly over weekend.

seems good value for money. another one to add to my growing collection.

I have noticed quite a few inconsistences about where you would enter and what profit you have taken.

This was using SierraChart with the indicators and MyTrack data. Having said that I haven't finished the lessons but I'm far from convinced given the start.

JonnyT

JonnyT said:
I have noticed quite a few inconsistences about where you would enter and what profit you have taken.

This was using SierraChart with the indicators and MyTrack data. Having said that I haven't finished the lessons but I'm far from convinced given the start.

JonnyT

I agree to some extent. The visual aspect can be open to interpretation.
But the "range", as a means of reducing whipsaws is a good one.

He does offer a number of exit ideas, and I must admit I gravitated towards the "when the bar closes above black line", seems, on first inspection, to give a bigger chunk of the market.

As with all things, you will get out the more you investigate.
It is a simple system, and more experienced traders may not benefit as much.

trendie said:
I agree to some extent. The visual aspect can be open to interpretation.
But the "range", as a means of reducing whipsaws is a good one.

He does offer a number of exit ideas, and I must admit I gravitated towards the "when the bar closes above black line", seems, on first inspection, to give a bigger chunk of the market.

As with all things, you will get out the more you investigate.
It is a simple system, and more experienced traders may not benefit as much.
From the videos I thought the entry prices were often very wrong. It's not easy to see on the video's but from your own charting package it becomes apparent. Often the trades were taken on the back of a sudden sharp move. I reckon some of the entries were 30 pips out.

The videos showing the system don't seem to reflect any spread either. A 1o pip win in reality is not a 10 pip win, but more like a 6 pip win. i.e. 40% lower.

Still mustn't grumble for 30 notes.

JonnyT

Thanks for all your replys. Yes I am a novice but as you say for £30 will probably give it a go.

Cheers

has anyone tried accessing the VisualTrader over the weekend ?
I am trying to login and I get "connection failed" type errors.
I was hoping to do some testing.
Seems VT only works during open hours.
Is this so ?

And another thing.......

Is it me, or does the VT icon look like a pair of underpants? :) :)

VT access

trendie said:
And another thing.......

Is it me, or does the VT icon look like a pair of underpants? :) :)

Nice one - Yes they usually go home weekends !!when the market is shut never mind at 10.00 pm tonight ...... :cool:

Can anyone comment on John Bartlett's "Tornado Trading System". John Bartlett's seminars are well reviewed on T2W, however there are only 3 reviews the last being in 2003.

Thanks in advance.

shouldnt this also be moved to the commercial boards?

chop chop chaps

i dont know... the standard of moderators is slipping!!!

esepcially that Barjon chap ;)

Well, actually it should really be merged with the existing thread...

tsk tsk, these moderators.... no idea.

Based on Tornado System ( and Wanderers self made exit rules ) short on Euro/USD @ about
7.30 am for 1.3357.Current stop 1.3307 and about 68 up at present :) :)

One swallow and all that but good runs like this and the Spring sunshine :cool: :cool: sure add to the feelgood factor :LOL: :LOL:

hello

please can anyone tell me the best settings i can use on a 15 minute MACD chart on currencies

thanks

I'm far from convinced that this works.

Has anyone been using this sucessfully?

JonnyT