Tom Hougaard training course

trendie

Legendary member
Here's a brain tickler.

Tom is offering a training course.
A residential course, where they pay your hotel bill!
Further 8 sessions of 60-90 minute webinars.

Fee? £2.5K.

Now, heres the thing.
We berate the likes of Darren and Vince and others. (are they still active?) for charging these levels of fees.

Has the 2013/14 T2W paradigm of looking askance at course-sellers changed?
Or, do we still think they are charlatans?

Is Tom regarded highly enough that this would be thought a good investment, or would it be thought he has gone over to the dark side?

Ta, muchly.

Well at £2.5K including hotel it is a better deal than the usual £3K to be packed into a seminar room for two days without accomodation. Tom used to post on here many years ago but as to whether it is any good or not then you would need to get verifiable testimonials from somewhere in my view.

Anybody that's been around trading for years can set themself up as a Market Guru.There are many great theory traders but how many can actually trade. With his experience you would expect him to be trading a rather large account , so why the need to charge £2500 to teach ?

Having said this I do recall when he was Chief analyst at City Index he used to make regular appearances on Bloomberg tv's daily Spread betting slot and he claimed to have called the 2003 market bottom to the exact day, forecasted 18 months in advance !!! To me that was remarkable.

So who knows , would be good if someone who has been on one of his courses could comment here.

I've seen him many times at different trading events. He was doing live trades once at Olympia. It was competition vs. Charlie (can't remember who won). Interesting trading style – kind of counter-intuitive (I got few ideas there and was exploiting them afterwards – mostly for my scalping). I think he's good at observing various pa patterns and trying to keep up with changes in pa behaviour – definitely spends some time observing and analysing.

Just had a look at his performance (at a live trading room) – this year near break even if I'm not mistaken and last year was good (see the link). It seems to me he's the best in that live trading room

http://www.whichwaytoday.com/performance/

I've seen him many times at different trading events. He was doing live trades once at Olympia. It was competition vs. Charlie (can't remember who won). Interesting trading style – kind of counter-intuitive (I got few ideas there and was exploiting them afterwards – mostly for my scalping). I think he's good at observing various pa patterns and trying to keep up with changes in pa behaviour – definitely spends some time observing and analysing.

Just had a look at his performance (at a live trading room) – this year near break even if I'm not mistaken and last year was good (see the link). It seems to me he's the best in that live trading room

Track records should be from third party websites ...

If you really want something somebody has got, offer them money for it.

If somebody wants your money, they offer you something for it.

The only time I've ever been satisfied with money well spent is when I've done the chasing for the something I want, and never when I've been offered something for me cash.

In the context of this thread, when there is overwhelming interest and positive acclaim for the chap's course, bid top dollar. Until then, keep yer powder dry.

edit: just remembered from a long way back, Hougaard has/has some business relationship with Steve Copan of Delta fame. We wondered at the time which of them thought who was piggy-backing who and then realised they'd both got it awful wrong. So what are they doin these days then? Ah, selling courses and software. That's alright then.

Last edited:
A he claimed to have called the 2003 market bottom to the exact day, forecasted 18 months in advance !!! To me that was remarkable.
I'm not being awkward or anything, but I think when you get a good shout like your Mr. H apparently did (well done him I say) ya really need to weigh it against all the other shouts that didn't do quite so well. It's been my experience that the occasional bullseye tends ta get remembered far more keenly than all the other ones that bounced off the wire and don't get another mention.

edit: An anyway, sure wasn't it 2002 that saw the major steady decline and eventual bottom, not 2003?

Last edited:
I'm not being awkward or anything, but I think when you get a good shout like your Mr. H apparently did (well done him I say) ya really need to weigh it against all the other shouts that didn't do quite so well. It's been my experience that the occasional bullseye tends ta get remembered far more keenly than all the other ones that bounced off the wire and don't get another mention.

edit: An anyway, sure wasn't it 2002 that saw the major steady decline and eventual bottom, not 2003?

I really don't remember anything about any other of his " shouts " , it was 12 years plus ago, but do remember his claim ref. my above post. I have no idea if he made the forecast public at the time but to claim he had forecasted it publicly on live T.V. without any proof that he had done so could have potentially been a huge banana skin for him.

I am not endorsing him just recalling a very clever forecast from him if it was indeed true.

Yanks bottomed in 2002 , Europe 2003 , he was specifically talking about the ftse.

Anyone can call the top and the bottom of the market , keep throwing calls left and right and you are going to get it right eventually ...

Anyone can call the top and the bottom of the market , keep throwing calls left and right and you are going to get it right eventually ...

I'm calling the tops on this one. Purple Wednesday, Sept 30th 2015...

It's going to tank big time. 20% for starters.

Make sure you've all jotted it down in your diaries now :cheesy:

Also, whilst I'm at it the next really really big 'Depression...' will be approximately around 2038-42. I've done the long term eco-cyclical checks on this one and have 82% confidence in that forecast. (n)

You're right Tar - I've found only that one. I'm not subscribed to it and couldn't possibly comment if it's correct.

I am a subscriber to the which way today room (for the last 20 months) and the public record of the performance is 100% correct.

I am a subscriber to the which way today room (for the last 20 months) and the public record of the performance is 100% correct.

Couldn't resist checking that for factual accuracy and then realised you are probably saying the data they publish is 100% correct and not that their performance is 100% correct.

So saying they're 100% correct in claiming to be over 31% down so far this year is 100% correct, but not particularly enticing enough to stump up for a 2 day course. I'm sure almost everyone could manage to be down that much without any help at all.

And I appreciate their trading is all pretend and such, but take a look at the data for May and remember, they're risking a nominal £100 per trade for £6, £7.50, £16 wins and somewhat larger losses! I give em 100% for bein honest en all, but can't understand how they think their performance is goin to have people signin up in droves.

Tom H is a nice guy. Unfortunately last year when he was in a public live trading trade off competition he lost out badly to Charlie Burton of EEzee Trading. His fault? His self worshipping EGO. Be a bit careful on this one.

Tom H is a nice guy. Unfortunately last year when he was in a public live trading trade off competition he lost out badly to Charlie Burton of EEzee Trading. His fault? His self worshipping EGO. Be a bit careful on this one.

I didn't notice any ego related problems.

I didn't notice any ego related problems.
I've known this for sometime. Sure he and his sidekick are clever chappies, however the trade orf comp on the day was not about who had the better more uber technically impressive system. It was down to basic risk management and in that he had his ass kicked as it were. I put this down to EGO.:idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea:

I've known this for sometime. Sure he and his sidekick are clever chappies, however the trade orf comp on the day was not about who had the better more uber technically impressive system. It was down to basic risk management and in that he had his ass kicked as it were. I put this down to EGO.:idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea:

He looked to me more tense than Charlie during the competition, but afterwards when I talked to him he was ok (calm and relaxed) I'm familiar with Charlie's style as well - watched him many times doing live trades (and talked to him few times). So I agree with you about trading styles - it was more like who was better prepared that day. Also I wouldn't judge what way is better based on a day's trading,

To me their styles are different and I got few ideas from both of them. I liked Tom's counter-intuitive trading style (it was somehow an interesting idea at that time) and I managed to exploit few ideas of his afterwards.