To any Tradestation Users (gurus)

theprophe

Hi, first of all, i envy you(at least the programmers), ok we have that out of the way!

Can you overlay 2 or more symbols on one chart, like have IBM and INDU on the same chart, something like this

http://www.hartleandflow.com/photos/photo/2143502609/Crude_Gasoline_Heating_Oil.html

If so, can you have the vertical axis as a percentage move rather then price?

And on the other front, has anyone taken the tradestation easy language seminar, or got the EasyLanguage® Home Study Course**? if so, did you find it useful?

Or if anyone else has any other suggestions for learning how to program with easy language, or any language for that matter, thanks

Hi, first of all, i envy you(at least the programmers), ok we have that out of the way!

Can you overlay 2 or more symbols on one chart, like have IBM and INDU on the same chart, something like this

http://www.hartleandflow.com/photos/photo/2143502609/Crude_Gasoline_Heating_Oil.html

And on the other front, has anyone taken the tradestation easy language seminar, or got the EasyLanguage® Home Study Course**? if so, did you find it useful?

Or if anyone else has any other suggestions for learning how to program with easy language, or any language for that matter, thanks

Prophe

Yes you can overlay 2 or more symbols on the same chart and the same axis.

First just insert the 2 symbols. This will create 2 plots initially. Click on the second plot to select it and then right click. Choose format symbol. Go to the scaling tab and change the sub-graph number to 1. This will place this plot on the same sub-graph as the first plot.

To change the vertical axis to percentage

Select the plot as before and then right click. Choose percent change graph and then Enable it.

The plot will look something like the attached screenshot

The home study course is very good and covers all of the content of the 2 day course. It has easy to work through examples with all the answers and a DVD and I would certainly recommend it, particularly if you cannot get to London or the US easily.

Charlton

Attachments

• prophe.png
    prophe.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 27

Hi,
I have recently bought the home study course, having no programing knowledge prior to this i feel it will be a useful exercise when completed.
I looked at going to a seminar but decided against it as i felt there would be too much info to absorb in such a short time,at least with the home study course you can be self paced.

Regards
Graham

thanks for the feedback, glad that tradestation can do that, i will get the course today, i used to program many moons ago, but the knowledge must be stored somewhere deep in my brain, as i can't remember much,lol

Prophe

Yes you can overlay 2 or more symbols on the same chart and the same axis.

First just insert the 2 symbols. This will create 2 plots initially. Click on the second plot to select it and then right click. Choose format symbol. Go to the scaling tab and change the sub-graph number to 1. This will place this plot on the same sub-graph as the first plot.

To change the vertical axis to percentage

Select the plot as before and then right click. Choose percent change graph and then Enable it.

The plot will look something like the attached screenshot

The home study course is very good and covers all of the content of the 2 day course. It has easy to work through examples with all the answers and a DVD and I would certainly recommend it, particularly if you cannot get to London or the US easily.

Charlton

Charlton,

is the home study course as good as the seminar?? or not as good? do you rec the live seminar I need to learn how to code and it is frusterating at this point for me

its 150 dollars is there a used retailer for the package?

Charlton,

is the home study course as good as the seminar?? or not as good? do you rec the live seminar I need to learn how to code and it is frusterating at this point for me

its 150 dollars is there a used retailer for the package?
Hi

I have never attended the live course so I cannot comment on that. You would need to contact TS to find ou.

However I think I read somewhere that the contents of the Home Study course incorporates all of the information in the live one.

If you think about it the course will involve exercises which take time to do and will have to cater for the slower learners to complete them.

My guess (and it is only that) is that the homestudy book will also be the same material used in the 2 day seminar. Again you need to question TS.

The course is $399 and if you are based in the uk you will need to wait for one to come around again. They are not as frequent as US.

The book is $139.

YOu might get a copy of the book on ebay or some TS forum

Charlton

thank charlton,

yes I am a slow learner in the programming dept. for sure its jsut not my thing I guess. so if your irght the home study course would be the best choice for the money. and if money its not issue 2 would reinforce the book if you can retain it all over 2 days. and thank for your advise I will try to look for a used one or give in and purchase the new bundle soon.. I try calling them and see what the deal is.

thank you

I learnt the programming language from the home study course and I think that it is money well spent. I do have a programming background though so I can't comment on how effective it would be for someone that has never coded.

The Tradestation support forums are a good place to go for newbie programmers to pick the brains of some very experienced guys.

I learnt the programming language from the home study course and I think that it is money well spent. I do have a programming background though so I can't comment on how effective it would be for someone that has never coded.

The Tradestation support forums are a good place to go for newbie programmers to pick the brains of some very experienced guys.

thanks for your comment on the package pedro.

yes the TS forums can spur some more ideas especially when you use the search function to learn more about a topic you have aninterest in. saving experienced traders names for future seaching is somthing that I have used in the past that has served me well and that includes all other trading sites aswell somthing I recommend the newer traders do if they have the time