Timsk, Barjon, Sharky, Steve et al - you'd better sit down...

Because what am I about to tell you will shock you to the core.....................

...............My eyes have been opened, and I'm not too proud to admit this:

T2W really isn't that bad. There's a hell of a lot worse out there.

Out all day cheering on the Brits at Eton Dornay and lighted on this post first on return. Quelle surprise :cheers:

I got a bit fed up trying to keep those complicated Eastern European names in mind so I named the boats after some of my T2W favourites.

You'll be pleased to know you made it first crack to the 1000m sprint final at the expense of peebee, hare, toastie and choc.

peebee and hare crossed swords again in the repecharge, but hare must have mistaken the coin toss since he set off in the wrong direction.

Clear last by a country mile was vendorsomeoneoranother, but someone stuck me a pamphlet on the way out apparently showing him in the lead (on closer inspection it was the boats in the following race behind him in the distance).

Must say the organisation was superb. No queues for buses in the park&ride, nor on return, efficient and quick security checks, hundreds of helpful people all over the place. Great day.

I got 15 penalty points for criticising the regime. I can't see me moving to elitetrader though, the only thing worth reading is that Neke guy who keeps losing money and won't stop.

It was your stated intentions that got you the points and not criticism of T2W on that occasion.

I joined T2W a few years back as it was certainly a more open, friendly and constructive environment to work in than the other police state Forums I had been working with up to then

as PB says .........once you get to know the real workings of the other big forums you realise that T2W achieves a good balance all in all

so ive collected a few infractions along the way but no complaints here ....

Respect
N

The problem with other boards is they are mostly filled with Americans who hate anything negative. You only have to look on their reality shows like idol to see the extent of how scr€wed up they are. I don't have anything against them I just can't stand how parents and friends can tell someone "you're amazing" when in reality they sound like a pair of camels shagging.
I often consult for companies where a team in the UK works closely with a team in the USA. Any remark that the UK team makes about process or potential risk is deemed negative and that person is literally cast asside, outside the circle of trust. On many occasions I have made or heard a remark that caused the entire UK team to wet themselves with laughter while the USA side was dead quiet.
It's a culture thing which is why most of us wouldn't last a day on other forums who are USA community based. This is also why they tend to not last very long when they join here. It's like spotting a basketball player in an Asian crowd. This is why our mods accept the lulz too

Hey F

I've spent most of my life in large blue chips working with Americans and even took a spell in New York with amex for a while

you have to realise that they always know best in business and that the rest of us make up the game in our quaint old fashioned ways

I just sometimes have to remind some of my more pompous US colleagues that my aunt owns a chair that is older than their constitution :LOL:

N