Timeframe & market

gtspeed

Evening all,

Looking at some old threads all around , 5 years old. I wonder what the current thoughts on trading frame and markets are . I personally look at the 4 hr for direction , 1 hourly for set up and 15 to enter on only 2 markets. I try to keep simple and seem to have not bad results but as with most could do a lot better.

I dropped trading Indices and FX mainly as could not for the life of me get to turn a profit and simply trade oil and a gold etf , when I traded FX win 1% and a 99% fail rate on trading set ups that the so called guru's claim are super winners.

Last edited:
Evening all,

Looking at some old threads all around , 5 years old. I wonder what the current thoughts on trading frame and markets are . I personally look at the 4 hr for direction , 1 hourly for set up and 15 to enter on only 2 markets. I try to keep simple and seem to have not bad results but as with most could do a lot better.

I dropped trading Indices and FX as could not for the life of me get to turn a profit and simply trade oil and a gold etf , when I taded FX win 1% and a 99% fail rate on trading set ups that the so called guru's claim are super winners.

Go back to FX and combo Daily+1H = Heaven

I like the idea of FX just not the loses

The losses will pass away and you will be in the free and clear, not a good idea to give up so easily on such a good thing as FX. Its a gift to us poor fellows. Hang in there.

No maybe, Gary, your blotters you showed me confirm the huge profits. You could get a loan from any bank based purely on your trade blotters. Good job. what version of Photoshop are you using nowadays?

It's such an individual question. It all depends on how much time you spend per day for trading. I also pay attention to how much time I plan to buy. I think it would be most convenient to look at the two adjacent timeframes, which are slightly larger and smaller. During the news in general, there is a different system of actions, here you can earn on an impulse. That is, you cannot consider the long term in principle. But only if you don't buy in advance. In general, there are so many more questions here. You should understand how you usually trade - dynamically or quietly. Maybe you use scalping or some other strategy.

Your answer/suggestion adulterated by a mix of Politics, Economics, Psychology, News. Thread Title = Timeframe and Market:

2-min & FOREX is a match made in Heaven for op and T2W. Why? 2-min.? Because T2W is indercapitalized to the nth, mostly under 10k but closer to 1-5k. Why Forex? TA's Heaven because the HERD instinct is the most clearly visible in this market even clearer by a wide margin than SPX - in fact makes the latter look like a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest