Time to buy the Euro?

EUR plunges on German short selling ban - the implication is that Europe is about to isolate itself from capital markets - This is not a smart move - Boys in the Pub were right after all..just goes to show alcohol helps - http://bit.ly/aGFqet

Seems like the Euro will place a low today with it rallying later in the day and taking every other market up with it! Apart from the dollar of course! 12144 seems like the low for me - i'd be surprised to see 121 snap today as it's just technically over done. 120 prices today would be too soon!

Don't know where this rally will come from today but certainly seems like it will occur.

Seems like the Euro will place a low today with it rallying later in the day and taking every other market up with it! Apart from the dollar of course! 12144 seems like the low for me - i'd be surprised to see 121 snap today as it's just technically over done. 120 prices today would be too soon!

Don't know where this rally will come from today but certainly seems like it will occur.

And this is why bearish sentiment is not at an extreme yet.

Like I said my chart is technically lining up for a surge higher today...

We'll see! :whistling

:cool:

:p

Closing above 12344 in two hours time could well mean that we easily double the days rise.

Nice move so far, would need it to stick, low is in as was expected. U.S. markets and all others should get pulled up with it along with oil.

:p

Closing above 12344 in two hours time could well mean that we easily double the days rise.

Nice move so far, would need it to stick, low is in as was expected. U.S. markets and all others should get pulled up with it along with oil.

lol, don't know what you're quoting me for. I didn't say it wouldn't rally. I just said this talk of bearish extreme is rubbish. Everyone I speak to thinks it's bottomed. Bearish sentiment is at an extreme when people stop trying to pick bottoms and sell.

Anyway, nice call.

Although if we're being really pedantic, you did said the technicals pointed to it going higher but it seems you were actually bailed out by fundamentals? :p

looks to me just like cbs having fun. they are the only ones who would buy euro.

did anyone think 1.26 was the bottom?

bottom callers deserve to get it smacked?

I don't think this is the bottom although we might have a temporary upswing here.

Either way I try to trade on the side of whoever is winning in the short term. I'm long EUR/JPY in quite a big way.