Time Specific Momentum Day Trading

Interesting time slots, Dinos, which might tie in to often significant move times on FTSE - 8:30, 9:00, 10:00 and 15:00 (following DOW this one).

Last edited:
Not sure why the original post was deleted, but since my reply contained the original post, out of courtesy I have deleted it.

Best
John.

Last edited:
Hi Dinos

You know time is so important for my type of trading - but as you also Know - I only trade forex pairs and no other instruments.

I have loads of information on different time settings that occur daily in the forex market - and when these times arrive ( ie my time windows) I check out to either close a current trade - or enter a new one - but only if many of the other clues are also present.

I have no problem sharing with you and any other experienced trader many of these setting etc etc - and would be delighted if you started your own thread - with your findings and views etc.

I am sure it would be a very popular thread - as "pure time" is so important for anyone who is intraday trading

I fully understand if you don't proceed - but wish you well with what ever you may do next.

Have a good week ;-)

Regards

F

This thread had a shorter life than one of Dinos trades. what happened?
Shame as I'm sure it would have been a great read.

Last edited:
rush of blood to head rob ???

BP, yes, I had a "conversation" with a member on here a while ago, who questioned why I had never started a thread, I thought about the comments I made in my response and to proceed would have being going against everything I said.

Last edited:
rob -- did you also have a conversation with better half , who I hope slapped you around ear to bring you to your senses, better to leave the Dr.Who time stuff to our expert after dinner speaker
fwiw long here eur/usd 1.3562 stop-10

rob -- did you also have a conversation with better half , who I hope slapped you around ear to bring you to your senses, better to leave the Dr.Who time stuff to our expert after dinner speaker
fwiw long here eur/usd 1.3562 stop-10

Slapped myself matey, saved her the job :LOL:, good luck with the trade, no signal for me at that time.

It is a pity that for whatever reason Dinos has short-circuited his own thread as the title was extremely promising. Someone mentioned cats out of bags which I absolutely understand. If I were to have added my 2cents worth to any discussion had it developed, I would have been hinting at timed specific rather than time specific momentum. Anything happening at a set time of day would not take long to be traded out of existence as it would be obvious to the dullest intellect, but the timing from a specific event, once it has definitely occurred, to another event, while not static, can be deduced from prior price and time action.

... the timing from a specific event, once it has definitely occurred, to another event, while not static, can be deduced from prior price and time

Please provide an example of what you mean by this and how it works.

Please provide an example of what you mean by this and how it works.
I'll do my best by way of a currently live example. I'm not saying I will achieve 100% with this technique or any other, but it has provided significant edge over the years.

Copper. 2nd week of this year made what was to be a high at around 3.35 (spot). We didn't know this until the middle of last month when it made a lower high around 3.28. Using the difference of 7 over roughly a calendar month we could extrapolate a support slope which suggested any break below 3.21 before the middle of March was going to presage a sharp fall, which has occurred. It is the most basic time & price requiring at least two data points in time.

Other technical factors will come into play over the short term and a drop below the 3.00 level will likely bring the house down quite quickly with 2.75 being a first port of call. This has nothing to do with the example you requested, but added for the benefit of anyone thinking of taking positions in the underlying at this moment.