Time != Money ?

DT,...You ever heard of the term "analysis paralysis",.... lighten up dude,. you might enjoy life a bit more !!

Time is all we have,.. the money is a consequence,.try not to mix the two, it causes stress !!

Hilary - stop being a dick, seriously - you might enjoy life more.

Are you referring to day-trading as this cannot really apply to swing or position trades in my view ?

Paul

Why not ?

Are you saying that someone that spends 2 hours a day analysing 20 stocks to swing trade will make the same as someone that spends 4 hours a day analysing 40 stocks?

Seems that most are saying that time doesn't impact profits.

So - will 30 seconds a day suffice?

Being a dick is fun,..try it, and take the weight off of your shoulders !!:cheesy:

Hilary - there is no weight on my shoulders.

Go out & get laid for heavens sake.

I can send you an instruction book if you aren't sure where all the pieces go...

Why not ?

Are you saying that someone that spends 2 hours a day analysing 20 stocks to swing trade will make the same as someone that spends 4 hours a day analysing 40 stocks?

Fair points and it will depend on what you trade I guess. For stocks this may well apply but for other instruments I find there is a huge difference in time spent against trade performance but that may be because the criteria for taking a swing or position trade is different to that of a day-trade for me.

Paul

Hilary - there is no weight on my shoulders.

Go out & get laid for heavens sake.

I can send you an instruction book if you aren't sure where all the pieces go...

Of course you're not stressed out,..lol,.. you do make me laugh!!
Your prose is quite revealing,..
BTW: send the instruction book,..I'm all for new perspectives :sneaky:

Why not ?

I would say that profits are not necessarily proportional to time ie: Doubling the time spent ‘trading’ does not mean you will double your profits. It is generally only newbies who think that they are doing nothing if they haven’t got a position running whereas the more experienced trader understand that doing nothing is often the best course of action. How do you count this ‘time’ spent, the waiting and observing? To be fair, most traders are ‘trading’ 24/7 (OK apart from sleeping) because we keep our eyes and ears open to any geopolitical event that may impact the market and change our opinion as to what is likely to happen next.

This really is an academic debate, one which will easily have everyone discussing fat birds and curries by about the 7th page.

Of course you're not stressed out,..lol,.. you do make me laugh!!
Your prose is quite revealing,..
BTW: send the instruction book,..I'm all for new perspectives :sneaky:

Thanks for the amateur psycho-analysis.

How smart you are to be able to read through the lines. Even smarter that you seem to be able to write between them having said nothing at all of consequence in 432 posts, I can only presume there's some hidden meaning you think is there.

Sort of like I used to have an imaginary friend at 5 years old - you have imaginary sense in your posts.

Come on - just once say something about trading. You could be on any forum with what you post. Your replies would make as much sense in replying to topics about fishing. You do realise the "T" in T2W stands for Trade and not Trout, right?

Do you feel that time has an impact on returns or is the topic a bit much for you to handle?

Try your hand at debate, your brain might enjoy the exercise. Get it off the sofa right now & tell it to turn off the TV.

Thanks for the amateur psycho-analysis.

How smart you are to be able to read through the lines. Even smarter that you seem to be able to write between them having said nothing at all of consequence in 432 posts, I can only presume there's some hidden meaning you think is there.

Sort of like I used to have an imaginary friend at 5 years old - you have imaginary sense in your posts.

Come on - just once say something about trading. You could be on any forum with what you post. Your replies would make as much sense in replying to topics about fishing. You do realise the "T" in T2W stands for Trade and not Trout, right?

Do you feel that time has an impact on returns or is the topic a bit much for you to handle?

Try your hand at debate, your brain might enjoy the exercise. Get it off the sofa right now & tell it to turn off the TV.

oh,..touched a nerve have we !,..
read above,..and you'll get the gist,...hahaha,..stressed ,..you,...never !!

I would say that profits are not necessarily proportional to time ie: Doubling the time spent ‘trading’ does not mean you will double your profits. It is generally only newbies who think that they are doing nothing if they haven’t got a position running whereas the more experienced trader understand that doing nothing is often the best course of action. How do you count this ‘time’ spent, the waiting and observing? To be fair, most traders are ‘trading’ 24/7 (OK apart from sleeping) because we keep our eyes and ears open to any geopolitical event that may impact the market and change our opinion as to what is likely to happen next.

This really is an academic debate, one which will easily have everyone discussing fat birds and curries by about the 7th page.

I think this... I probably spend about 20 secs a day opening\closing trades, setting stops and limits but then I look at the charts for probably 5-10 mins out of every hour of the day on average... I guess most traders are the same - Is your mind ever completely away from trading? And the time that you're thinking about trading but you're not physically trading - Do you count this as working hours? If you do then I reckon I'm putting in 14 hours a day and will continue to do so for as long as I have a trading account but my 'actual' trading time is more like 2-4hrs a day..

Nope Hilary - it will take a little more to ruffle my feathers but I like your attempt to call ruffling.

Still - you have a chance now, a platform on this here Trading (not Trout) board to say something meaningful, this is your 15 minutes, the spotlight is on you. Forget the messenger for a second, your chance to shine is here, to finally highlight your pithy wit and sensibility.

Even now, my spine tingles in anticipation at the revelations we will see on this board when shown just a glimse of your intelligence, your derring do, your trading acumen, your penetrative insights, your perceptive thoughts, your sparklingly clear reason, your comprehension of this topic and your capacity to express your higher intellect in words us sub-200 IQ readers can come to terms with.

Maestro - the stage is yours....

Trading is a skill. I think it was Black Swan who mentioned the huge amounts of time necessary just in the research stage to get an understanding of what is likely to happen. But then you actually have to trade, and you need to experience trading for a long time. It is no good learning all the theoretical aspects of a sport, you need to play the game to be any good. It is experiential. Now if you've played for many years, and reached a high enough standard, then you can probably play less often and still play well, or pick it up very quickly again. But if you're in the process of learning and improving, I think you should play a lot.

Consider most skills. Are you better if you do it every day than if you do it once a month, or once a week?