Time Difference of 1 Hr on Meta Trader

latesh20

Hi
,i use meta trader software for charting but i have noticed a time differce of 1 Hr on metatrader charts as per my local time, its 1 Hr Back then what it used to be, My time zone is GMT +4 but now it seem its to be GMT + 3 . I am confused can anybody clarify this to me please

latesh20 said:
Hi
,i use meta trader software for charting but i have noticed a time differce of 1 Hr on metatrader charts as per my local time, its 1 Hr Back then what it used to be, My time zone is GMT +4 but now it seem its to be GMT + 3 . I am confused can anybody clarify this to me please
Hi latesh
UK has just changed the clocks forward 1 hour to British summer time, now GMT +1
Probably something to do with that?

Option999 said:
Hi latesh
UK has just changed the clocks forward 1 hour to British summer time, now GMT +1
Probably something to do with that?

Thanks A Lot for that help , I am sure this difference is showing on charts of meta trader because it is also forward by exactly 1hr

Since you are in a country that does not have daylight saving time you will see this time shift of 1 hour twice a year. See http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b.html for the dates when you can expect this to happen in the future.

Most Metra Trader servers are on central europe time so the European Union dates are those which apply.

gc1 said:
Since you are in a country that does not have daylight saving time you will see this time shift of 1 hour twice a year. See http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b.html for the dates when you can expect this to happen in the future.

Most Metra Trader servers are on central europe time so the European Union dates are those which apply.

Thats great information. Thanks., but even the trade timings are changed as per new times ?

If you mean the logged date and times of trades in the 'Trade' part of the 'Terminal' window - yes these are all in the same time zone as the chart times - so they will match the chart and won't be local times.

Hopefully, one day, Metaquotes will release a version of the software which allows the user to set the time zone to his own location instead of being locked into the time zone of the server.