Tick Chart for MT4

New version of RW Tick Chart indicator has become available :idea:

Here is what's new in version 1.18:

I have found that Expert not called on offline chart by RW indicator.
Their are freely available .hst makers that use PostMessageW()... which cause OnTick() to be called.

Can RW do the same - any time soon?

Thanks

New build of RW Tick Chart v1.18

I have found that Expert not called on offline chart by RW indicator.
Can RW do the same - any time soon?

:arrowr: This has been solved now.

RW Tick Chart indicator used a different method to call OnTick() function of the Expert Advisors, but it required a little modification to the EA.

Now we have created a new build of RW Tick Chart v1.18, which calls the OnTick() function of the Expert Advisors (added to offline charts) and it doesn't require any modification of the EA. The new build has been uploaded to our website. If you have purchased the indicator and have a valid license, just download the indicator again to have the latest build.

(y)

:arrowr: This has been solved now.

RW Tick Chart indicator used a different method to call OnTick() function of the Expert Advisors, but it required a little modification to the EA.

Now we have created a new build of RW Tick Chart v1.18, which calls the OnTick() function of the Expert Advisors (added to offline charts) and it doesn't require any modification of the EA. The new build has been uploaded to our website. If you have purchased the indicator and have a valid license, just download the indicator again to have the latest build.

(y)

Thanks for reply. Please find .mq4 attached to this reply. It would be good if you would download, compile and attach to RW Tick Chart.

Obviously, I would like feedback as to what if anything, I have misunderstood.

I again have to say that any EA applied to any combination of RW settings fails to cause OnTick() to be called.

This is my experience with the following environment:
**RWtickchart.1.18
Default settings used with one setting toggled differently the 'Offline chart' input defaults to OFF which I alter to Enabled. Nothing else has been touched.
**MT4 V4.00 Build950 (23Dec2015)
**Standard install/updates etc. Win7Pro on desktop PC

Terminal Tab O/P from starting RW+attached EA (compiled..)
2016.02.04 07:36:17.839 If-Called-OnTick-Displays-BuiltIns USDCAD,M9: initialized
2016.02.04 07:36:17.839 If-Called-OnTick-Displays-BuiltIns USDCAD,M9: Symbol()=USDCAD, Period()=9
2016.02.04 07:36:16.191 Expert If-Called-OnTick-Displays-BuiltIns USDCAD,M9: loaded successfully
2016.02.04 07:35:07.716 RWtickchart.1.18 USDCAD,M1: initialized
2016.02.04 07:34:58.438 RWtickchart.1.18 USDCAD,M1: E:\Program Files (x86)\Global Prime - MetaTrader 4\MQL4\Libraries\RWtickchart.1.18.dll
2016.02.04 07:34:58.438 RWtickchart.1.18 USDCAD,M1: Your CID is: 980644CD1A672B39DE4DA4DA68F51A45
2016.02.04 07:34:44.059 Custom indicator RWtickchart.1.18 USDCAD,M1: loaded successfully

(as an aside) the only way at present for my EAs to have OnTick() called is via kludge mod: OnTimer() handler used to run every nnMilliseconds. It makes call to OnTick()... It works ok however numerous implications to doing this.

If there is any further information required, please say.

Thanks..

edit: "..Period()=9" is incorrect for actual .hst record Volume datum. RW default settings use '9' but "Number of ticks per candle" set to 30. Not issue, only saying, as wanted to only change minimum on default RW settings ;)

Attachments

• If-Called-OnTick-Displays-BuiltIns.mq4
    2.3 KB · Views: 553
Last edited:
... Please find .mq4 attached to this reply. It would be good if you would download, compile and attach to RW Tick Chart...

I just downloaded and checked your test EA. I added it to an offline tick chart and it works as expected.

So it seems the problem is a local issue at your computer. To solve it I recommend the following steps:

1. please double check if you have downloaded RW Tick Chart indicator again to have the latest build (it has been uploaded this week on Monday, 1st of February)

2. please make sure to set the updating frequency of the offline charts (if you would like to have the offline chart updated at every tick then set it accordingly - check the screenshot below)

Image2.png

Hope this helps.

Period()=9 is incorrect for actual .hst record Volume datum. RW default settings use '9' but "Number of ticks per candle" set to 30. Not issue, only saying, as wanted to only change minimum on default RW settings

This is normal behavior , those numbers are definitely not linked together. Of course in an ideal world it would make sense to link them, but unfortunately MT4 is far from ideal and has its limitations.

So it seems the problem is a local issue at your computer. To solve it I recommend the following steps:
please double check if you have downloaded RW Tick Chart indicator again to have the latest build (it has been uploaded this week on Monday, 1st of February)
Well then, I just updated existing - 1.18 which I originally downloaded on 16Jan2016 having been notified by RW email, that new ver.1.18 was available for download..
Yes, latest does get OnTick() kicked. However, I have checked across 4 platforms including my sites email server for a notification that latest Feb 1.18 update was available.

No email was received from RW.

Additionally it would seem reasonable that this latest Feb update would have incremented ver#. How else can one be totally sure what's what?
A hash would sort this out but visually [at least], "1.18" on two functionally varied programs is not helpful for users, yes?

Please do consider rectifying this inconsistent update policy.

'whatever' as the saying goes... for me then, I consider this issue solved.

ukt

btw, this is not some case of lost or discarded/binned email by me or my email servers. I have 100% always received ALL RW emails previous to and including mid Jan 1.18 update notice.

The email notifications about the new build of v1.18 were not sent yet. First we needed a confirmation from you and some other users about the change working correctly and then we do send out the notifications to all of our customers. Anyway thanks for the suggestions, we'll think about it.

What's new in version 1.19:

1. option to generate history tick data from M1 candles: beside downloading tick data history it is now possible to generate simulated history ticks from OHLC (Open, High, Low, Close) values of M1 candles

2. quick control bar to change tick volume and history on the fly: click on the little arrow in the lower left corner of the indicator window to show the quick control bar and change tick volume or history settings easier

3. option to disable tick chart in indicator window and use offline chart only: if using offline charts only, now there is an option to disable tick chart in the indicator window to save resources

4. other optimizations and enhancements

:clap:

Thats Innovative

What's new in version 1.19:

1. option to generate history tick data from M1 candles: beside downloading tick data history it is now possible to generate simulated history ticks from OHLC (Open, High, Low, Close) values of M1 candles

2. quick control bar to change tick volume and history on the fly: click on the little arrow in the lower left corner of the indicator window to show the quick control bar and change tick volume or history settings easier

3. option to disable tick chart in indicator window and use offline chart only: if using offline charts only, now there is an option to disable tick chart in the indicator window to save resources

4. other optimizations and enhancements

:clap:
WOW
tick control using a control bar on chart and ticks from history, thats a major upgrade, does it work in a similar fasion to the Ovo TickBar indicator (ovo.cz) which has had a similar facility since its conception and allows all indicators.
please advise
Pho

Yes, it works in a similar way, but for history you can even download real history tick data and not only simulate it from M1 candles. You can choose at the indicator settings what kind of history data you would like.

RW Tick Chart indicator v1.20 released

RW Tick Chart v1.20 has been released and it is already available for customers.

The new version contains more added options for offline tick chart updating and some other optimizations.

RW Tick Chart indicator

Trade the price action using tick charts

Use RW Tick Chart indicator on MT4 platform and watch the tick chart in MT4 indicator window or add your custom indicators to offline tick charts

rwtc2.png