This is what real trading is

i can assure you pyramiding will end in disaster 99.9% of the time.

i don't understand why it would be, surely if you are wrong and you have only scaled in , then you lose less % than if you go all in from the start?

whatever, the market wizards scale in, although bill lipschutz lost all of his account when he pyramided options.

i don't understand why it would be, surely if you are wrong and you have only scaled in , then you lose less % than if you go all in from the start?

whatever, the market wizards scale in, although bill lipschutz lost all of his account when he pyramided options.

trends get to exhaustion levels and start consolidating , every new trade becomes a loser.Tried backtesting pyramiding , no success to report.

It's utter drivel. Can't believe I'm reading it, but I got an email to tell me there had been a reply, and I clicked on the link, then I started reading ...

Pyramiding is the basis of longer term trend systems, without it the returns would diminish. It probably doesn't work on short time frames, I haven't tested it.

It's utter drivel. Can't believe I'm reading it, but I got an email to tell me there had been a reply, and I clicked on the link, then I started reading ...

Pyramiding is the basis of longer term trend systems, without it the returns would diminish. It probably doesn't work on short time frames, I haven't tested it.

Good point.It does not work on short time frames.

It may work well on stocks which can have a gain of several hundred % over a couple of years.

i can assure you pyramiding will end in disaster 99.9% of the time.

Thank you for your assurance , how come it will not work on the daily google chart below?tard.

Attachments

• tard on google.jpg
    tard on google.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 127
I've recently tested trend models with pyramiding following initial entry, between 1-5 pyramid scale ins at 0.5 ATR steps each time from start price. The 5 pyramid typically makes the most money, but at the expense of larger drawdowns and a higher standard error (deviation).

One pyramid doesn't tend to be enough, but 2 seems to work well (good CAGR/MDD). It just depends on your tolerance for drawdown and the desire or otherwise for smooth equity curve.

Backtesting? That surely is NOT real trading, I'm waiting for the acerbic reply from the thread starter.

Betting all your money on one trade will fail 99 pct of the time? Is that the point? Statisctically this is almost impossible.

Your comment is clearly designed to imply that pyramiding is a "bad" thing, and I don't believe that is either helpful or true. Position sizing is as important as choosing entries and exits, so to dismiss it in this fashion is plain wrong.

Betting all your money on one trade will fail 99 pct of the time? Is that the point? Statisctically this is almost impossible.

Your comment is clearly designed to imply that pyramiding is a "bad" thing, and I don't believe that is either helpful or true. Position sizing is as important as choosing entries and exits, so to dismiss it in this fashion is plain wrong.

so your advocating pyramiding untill you have no margin left as a good thing? ok..

By the way, "you are" contracts to "you're", not "your". Another reason not to read your (meaning something that belongs to you) posts.