bisto

0 0
the power

i remember being in a brick & morter job , then along came the FSA

Oldun

139 1
Sean,

Really!! What are you suggesting?

From BOY (post 2 on this thread), alternatively effluent, effluvient, effervescence, effort, effortless, effective, efficatious, effacing etc. etc. ... ... In the further alternative, if considering the EU or the UK ruling bodies, eff***** or perhaps that is simply too good for them.

See you elsewhere

Last edited:

seancass

329 1
al-motor said:
Good one Sean- keep up your efforts...........

Thank you very much, Al-motor.

"Keep up your Efforts!" What a wonderful slogan for Viagara. Let's call Pfizer in the morning. We'll share the proceeds and that will help us to pay for the financial advice necessary to place trades if our Euro governors get their way!

Oldun - quick, add it to the list...EFF orts! Another one. Like effing goldfish, they're everywhere.

Al-motor, as the lucky recipient of my 100th post on Trade2win, you have won a place on my forthcoming tutorial at Morag's Cafe in Canning Town! My previous tutorial was at Belmarsh, but talk of volatility breakouts excited the residents.

Best wishes,
Sean

alanb41252

264 0
Does anyone have any idea of the time frame for final implementation of this Euro absurdity ?

"Excuse me Mr Broker but do you think I should go long or short on XYZ stock ?"

Absolute nonsense which I am sure the industry will circumvent one way or another.

Will SB companies be subject to this proposed "law" too ?

seancass

329 1
Jonnyy40

I would have thought a few sweeps of Google with appropriate search words should provide your answers. Seems like you might have a good idea.

I'm curious about your little photograph beside your name. Is that some kind of S&M leather mask?

Best wishes,
Sean

eminem

185 1
I am sure they will get round it with a once only, or annually, signed disclaimer - in which case it makes the whole point of this legislation completely useless so why bother in the first place?? Oh yes, I forgot, its so the fine upstanding Euro MP's can justify there existence and exhorbitant salaries and expense accounts!! :rolleyes:

Another thought, you contact your broker to short, he says no I would buy if I were you (secondary thought, is that coz your firm has just issued a buy recommendation and you need to dump a load of stock??? Nah, shouldn't be so cynical!!) so you take the advice and buy, and yep it goes pear shaped - can you sue the broker for giving out p!$$ poor advice? If so, this legislation is a charter for the trader to get simple, guaranteed, no loss trading - take the profits on the winners, sue the brokers on the losers!! Piece of Pee, even I could do that! :cheesy:

seancass

329 1
Excellent Eminem!

Yes that's a good point. Ask the broker for advice and sue when it goes pear-shaped!! This Euro nonsense is getting all of us down.

Sean

FTSE Beater

Experienced member
1,518 5
Hi Oatman

I shall bow down to your knowledge and experience. I would really love you to be right, as it is the ultimate answer to the 3 day-trades a week rule :)

Glenn

Experienced member
1,040 118
IMO only those brokers who have a proven track record of giving correct advice should be allowed to do business.
So let's have a law which enforces that too.
Glenn

FTSE Beater

Experienced member
1,518 5
Hi Oatman

You mean to say you actually have a pension fund left :eek:

<hr>
Hi Glenn

That would mean that no new brokers could start-up and they would be against it. If it was in brokers interests to keep the execution only service, then the EU would have to cave in

Newtron Bomb

Experienced member
1,602 87
So everyone is going to have to go back to a black jack or roulette system or follow Rossord across the pond ;)

bertie

63 0
EURO IDIOTS

oatman.....where did you get that pic of the banging head?....

on a serious note i cant see how those self serving tossers at the eu can stop non uk internet based direct access brokers from taking on uk or european based clients......

it would also seem to me be impossible to stop a uk or european resident from opening an account....

as far as i'm aware it is illegal for spread betting firms to set up in the usa but its not illegal for an american to open an account with a uk based spread betting firm.......

i think there is alot of tearing out of hair going on that is probably unnecessary.....having said that my mep will be getting earache from me very soon!!!

bertie

bertie

oatman

2,879 22
FB, NO, I mean I haven't got a pension fund left. :cry:

The head banger is me sorting out my computer problems. Today's task started trying to recover some files and ended up with a clean install. still d'loading updates :cheesy: Might get to trade again soon ;)
I'll have a look for the avatars. You can do a Google.

Not sure where i got it but these will keep you busy for a while http://www.gamespy.com/avatars/ :LOL:

Last edited:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock