The Pushy Pig

Gumping

Established member
From BBC News:

A woman on the north coast of New South Wales in Australia is being held hostage in her own home by a large pig, Australian media report.

Uki woman Caroline Hayes, 63, says the pig is as big as "a Shetland pony" and that she cannot get out of her house because of its aggressive behaviour.

"It started knocking on my door at 4 am, head-butting the door, [after] some food," she told ABC television.

When she opened the door, she said, the pig pushed her back inside the house.

The offending animal, whom neighbours have named Bruce, also pulled a king-sized mattress out of her garage and ripped it up.

Ms Hayes, who describes herself as an animal-loving vegetarian, admits she and some of her neighbours had begun feeding Bruce.

Rangers from Murwillumbah Council tried to catch the large animal but the cage was too small.

Animal ranger Len Hing, who visited the scene, explained that Bruce's large size makes him difficult to control when hungry.

"He is a bald pig [weighing] about 80 kilos [176lb]," he said.

"I wouldn't like to see the pig go as a pet anywhere because he could become a potentially dangerous animal."

Rangers say the pig will be captured and taken to a piggery.

:LOL: I can just hear the pig now:

YouTube - Chopper Reid - Harden the **** up, Australia

Eat me, veggie lady! EAT ME!!!!!!!

As somoene who has been chased through woodland on my bike by a wild boar. I can personally vouch for the fact that pigs can be aggressive animals.

As somoene who has been chased through woodland on my bike by a wild boar. I can personally vouch for the fact that pigs can be aggressive animals.

:LOL: Especially when you call 'em pigs to their face!

Actually it didn't chase me. I'd been on a bike ride, and i was pushing it up a track through some heavy woodland. Suddenly, me and the pig came face to face, it was 5 metres in front & above me to the right. For a moment it seemed like time stood still. Adreneline kicked in. As i legged it back down the hill, jumping onto my bike as i went, the pig started running too - i thought after me. A few seconds later it occurred to me that the pig had actually split in the opposite direction. But you can never be too careful, and as the saying goes - never trust a pig!