The Power of HInduism

stefan10

ON 30 JANUARY 1948 MAHATMA GANDHI. FATHER OF A NEWLY LIBERATED INDIAN NATION. WAS MURDERED BY A HINDU EXTREMIST.
Since then, many lies have been passed off as truths, half-truths have been mixed with true incidents and passed off as whole truths.

'Gandhi was responsible for the partition'; 'Gandhi sheltered Muslims and abandoned Hindus'; 'Killing Gandhi was the only way to save India'; these were, and even today are, some of the statements propagated by Hindu extremists and followers of Godse to justify Gandhi's murder.

Sorry Stefan - your thread flopped, no takers
cos Hinduism is a peaceful religion

think about it why did BNP only won in a muslim majority area

If Muslims became peaceful the world would be a better place

ON 30 JANUARY 1948 MAHATMA GANDHI. FATHER OF A NEWLY LIBERATED INDIAN NATION. WAS MURDERED BY A HINDU EXTREMIST.
Since then, many lies have been passed off as truths, half-truths have been mixed with true incidents and passed off as whole truths.

'Gandhi was responsible for the partition'; 'Gandhi sheltered Muslims and abandoned Hindus'; 'Killing Gandhi was the only way to save India'; these were, and even today are, some of the statements propagated by Hindu extremists and followers of Godse to justify Gandhi's murder.

I can't comment on the history as I don't know but I am interested in the title as it seems to be a re-occurring theme.

What is power?

Power factor mean the relation between the output power and the incoming power , when its equal (1) it mean no dessipation in power and the load is purely resistance.

Here is an interesting article which I've come across on the web.

Religion derives power from numerous sources, too many to discuss in one post. In this limited space, I'd like to highlight four that have been on my mind lately.

First, people do not tolerate ambiguity well. They want definitive answers, and many will take false certainty over accurate uncertainty without hesitation.

Second, tradition is very important to many people. It isn't that they believe something solely because their parents did, but they will often have a preference toward familiar beliefs. Thus, belief systems are slow to change, and change will often be resisted.

Third, people fear death and crave immortality. This is so obvious that it needs no justification, and yet it serves as the primary selling point for all mainstream religions. People believe because belief consoles their fears, the grief of losing loved ones, and promises everlasting life.

Fourth, people believe because almost everyone else does. Never underestimate the power of conformity or the sense of belonging one feels as a member of a religious group.

I'm still confused about the power element though. Who thinks and believes they have absolute power.

Does Osama bin have power living like a worm in some **** hole.

Bush thought he had power and with all that might of power he achieved almost the destruction of the US on a global stage whilst kicking the life out of millions of Iraqis.

Blair thought he was something special given a standing ovation in the White House. I'd like to know who would cheer and clap for him now. His lifes work to unite the faiths is tax haven to keep his loot.

President Mugabe thought he was powerful in his little state of Zimbabwe.

President Milosovich envisaged Greater Serbia and wielded his power and killed so many and now he is dead and his henchman live in fear of being caught sooner or later.

History is full of Hitlers.

If Gods have ultimate supreme power then why don't they get off their bloody arses and stop all this freaking suffering on earth. Reminds me of Greek Gods playing with humans like little chess pieces.

Egyptions thought they had power building pyramids up to the sky and took all their little toys with em to the grave including their servants.

Instead their rotten bones are watched by millions like a freak show in a circus for all their troubles. I much rather have a tree grow over my dead body. They can take their power along with modern mans power and shovel it up to thy kingdom come.

What we are thrown into planet earth which is a little maize and we have to find our righteous path back to the creator??? whilst he watches down on us. He is everywhere the all knowing hearing seeing God in the sky. He must be having right ol bloody laugh...

Religion is good if it gets you connected with your spiritual self. But I doubt most people appreciate the essence of life over material ****. Does anybody need anyone else to tell them how to connect with your inner self and mind. If so go and see a shrink cause your a nutter as Sir Alan Sugar would say...

To me power is the ability for me to get off my **** and do some work. Cause I need lots of power to get my fat body into motion. I get that power from consuming delicious food with lots of calories.