The Phoenix Journal

• Welcome to the newest version of Trade2Win! We're running on the latest version of, what we consider to be, the best forum software available today. Our aim was to keep things as familiar as possible but focus on improving speed, security and usability. We hope you like the result! Please post your questions, comments, suggestions and feedback in the What's New and Feedback Thread - Sharky.

phoenix25140

Feb 24, 2010
I welcome everyone to follow my journal.

The aim is to gain new perspectives, advice and to use this forum as a trading log in order to improve my entries and strategies.

My style is daily chart view ( 6month/ 1 year scope) momentum trading at highs & lows with a balance of techincals and averages with some fundamental views which hopefully work in harmony. Typically hold trades for 2-4 days. Risk per trade £150 (3%) , total account value £5000, target profit per month £250 . Currently account value after 2 months (£-341) ... some lessons learnt here!

I tend to have 'Forex Pair girlfriends' which I trade frequently with tight margins and low spreads, no more USDZAR ever ever again, slut.

I will provide charts for each trade and an analysis which I others can hopefully improve and share some knowledge.

Enjoy and thanks for the views, opinions apprieciated. :smart:

Mar 19, 2009
I welcome everyone to follow my journal.

The aim is to gain new perspectives, advice and to use this forum as a trading log in order to improve my entries and strategies.

My style is daily chart view ( 6month/ 1 year scope) momentum trading at highs & lows with a balance of techincals and averages with some fundamental views which hopefully work in harmony. Typically hold trades for 2-4 days. Risk per trade £150 (3%) , total account value £5000, target profit per month £250 . Currently account value after 2 months (£-341) ... some lessons learnt here!

I tend to have 'Forex Pair girlfriends' which I trade frequently with tight margins and low spreads, no more USDZAR ever ever again, slut.

I will provide charts for each trade and an analysis which I others can hopefully improve and share some knowledge.

Enjoy and thanks for the views, opinions apprieciated. :smart:
I'm going to start trading again soon with a similar sized account - I've found a job I enjoy where I can work Sat/Sun and trade during the week - the job covers my living costs which reduces trading stress to almost nil. Your stops are quite tight so I hope you've mastered your system - those entries don't crop up every day - but they do come along, usually at some dem'd inconvenient hour. Also - the one don't I'll add is: don't set profit targets - the market will give what there is to offer and the market offers nothing, you take it; we have to cater for dry periods. You need to build your account to at least 100K before it's safe to consider living off trading.

Last edited: