The Pentatrade Profit System

Hmmm, newbie first post pointing people to a site that starts off . . .

Do You Have What It Takes To ‘Steal’ Thousands a Month From The Biggest Pile of Money On The Planet? And The Great Thing Is – Nobody Will Even Notice It’s Missing!”

“I’m Looking For 97 Recruits To Tap Into My Turnkey System And Syphon-Off Up To £2,124 A Week For Yourself… Without Leaving Home!

jackgwen_03, no offence but should you really be looking to trade the markets??

A Dashing Blade said:
Hmmm, newbie first post pointing people to a site that starts off . . .

Do You Have What It Takes To ‘Steal’ Thousands a Month From The Biggest Pile of Money On The Planet? And The Great Thing Is – Nobody Will Even Notice It’s Missing!”

“I’m Looking For 97 Recruits To Tap Into My Turnkey System And Syphon-Off Up To £2,124 A Week For Yourself… Without Leaving Home!

jackgwen_03, no offence but should you really be looking to trade the markets??

Point taken Dashing Blade - but I did say it looks like a scam. Streetwise are one of the biggest 'business opportunity' publishers in the uk. They have a reputation for selling both junk and publications of reasonable merit. I would assume this falls into the junk category - I repeat does anyone have experience of it and would like to tell me different?

Take it steady and develop your own strategies

jackgwen_03 said:
Has anyone experience of The Pentatrade Profit System sold by Streetwise at http://www.pentatrade.co.uk/new/

It reads like a scam to me. Is there anyone who has experience of it and would like to tell me different?
Jackgwen

I know I am not really answering your direct question, because I am unable to. I have no experience of this system.

I would suggest, however, that you concentrate your efforts on creating your own strategy and keep control of your money. I see you have been a member since 2003, so I have to assume that you have been reading these threads since then. If so you must be aware of the many scams there are, but also how much can be learnt free or cheaply from this site, books etc and how much can be learnt through paper trading then small scale trading until one trades at their desired level.

I do not wish to make assumptions about your level of trading, but merely to point out to newbies to be aware of get-rich quick schemes.

Charlton

Charlton said:
Jackgwen

I know I am not really answering your direct question, because I am unable to. I have no experience of this system.

I would suggest, however, that you concentrate your efforts on creating your own strategy and keep control of your money. I see you have been a member since 2003, so I have to assume that you have been reading these threads since then. If so you must be aware of the many scams there are, but also how much can be learnt free or cheaply from this site, books etc and how much can be learnt through paper trading then small scale trading until one trades at their desired level.

I do not wish to make assumptions about your level of trading, but merely to point out to newbies to be aware of get-rich quick schemes.

Charlton

Hello Charlton,

I think I am giving the wrong impression. I have traded for years using the same
methodology . I am however always curious about other methodologies and systems
and have a library of trading books and courses and that is why during the long
(usually boring) hours of trading I occupy my mind dissecting them . That was why I
enquired about this trading system. I know for a fact that Streetwise honour their
refund guarantees - it is just a question of whether the course they offer is (assuming it
is rubbish) is worth the time and return postage.

Your advice for new traders re scams etc. is of course spot-on. I know this is not the
right forum to mention this but new traders looking for a methodology to trade
themselves may be interested in the methodology I have traded for 5 years. It can be
found at the following two websites and most important is FREE!
http://www.trading-naked.com/efuturevision5.htm
http://www.trading-naked.com/FloorTraderMethod.htm. I use a combination of
the 9/30 setup which I learnt from the creator of the setup back in 2001
and Floor Trader Method. An essential ingredient I found before being
any good at this was to spend hundreds of hours studying candlestick charts.

Anyway back to my question - anyone have experience of the Pentatrade system?
Please only reply if have. Thanks.

Jackgwen, did you decide to try this system or has anyone else any experience using this trading system...

Jackgwen - would you mind elaborating on the value you found in spending 100s of hours studying candlestick charts. The 9/30 system does not appear to require any knowledge of candlesticks. How did your study of candlesticks make that system more profitable? I am also studying candlesticks in an effort to learn how to make trading more effective with them. I would be interested in any insight you care to share.

tunnel1x1 said:
Jackgwen - would you mind elaborating on the value you found in spending 100s of hours studying candlestick charts. The 9/30 system does not appear to require any knowledge of candlesticks. How did your study of candlesticks make that system more profitable? I am also studying candlesticks in an effort to learn how to make trading more effective with them. I would be interested in any insight you care to share.

Has anybody since this thread started yet tried the Pentatrade system as I've had mail myself from Streetwise and it would be beneficial if someone has already given this a go!

Using Pentatrade

Juny said:
Has anybody since this thread started yet tried the Pentatrade system as I've had mail myself from Streetwise and it would be beneficial if someone has already given this a go!

I have had a copy of the Pentatrade System from Streetwise and can report that it appears to be what it said it was – a good quality, colour, glossy manual with about 250 pages giving full instructions on the system. There are also about seven videos on disks in which Hugo Lawrence goes over many of the points he makes on analysing candlestick graphs, emphasising what has been taught in the manual.

He says there is no quick way to go about this – you have to regard it as a training course and follow it EXACTLY as he says. I paid about £2,200 for the course as that was the offer at the time, trusting that Streetwise would refund it if it wasn’t any good.

The basis of Hugo’s system is that the various money markets fluctuate on a daily, hourly and even minute by minute basis, but that this variation often has an inherent pattern which it’s sometimes possible to spot. Ten you make a bet with a spread betting company on the market movement you predict and either win or lose as a result. The good thing is that, being betting, the proceeds are tax free. The bad thing is that you MUST open an account with a provider of market data so that you get live information to work on and the graphical tools that come with the package. That’s about £135 for three months (minimum sub), although the betting sites are free.

You look at how a particular market is going, using live candlestick data and draw lines on the live graph on the screen showing trends, ‘support’, ‘resistance’ and so on and apply Hugo’s rules to determine whether to bet or not, and what to bet. Each rule gives a confidence signal: 3 is good, 4 is better and 5 is a MUST.

Hugo recommends a range of sites to use and illustrates the best, so it’s all in the handbook, but you DO NEED to sit down and really get down to studying it. I got about 2/3rds of the way through (and it needs more and more concentration as you go) and just didn’t have the time to study it as hard as I needed to do so had to give up. I had just 30 days to decide in.

It cost me £11 to post back (incl £500 insurance – hardly enough, really) but Streetwise refunded my £2,200-odd without any question. I’ve always found them good in that respect. So I still need to know if someone has used it and succeeded – if so, I’ll go for it again!

Evening all. Just received a review of the system from a Business Opps Review site which seems to rate it. the site seems to be independent as they review all types of stuff - here's the link to the review if you're interested ...

http://www.bus-opp-review.co.uk/trading

cheers

Ian Williams / Vince Stanzione

Hi Guys,

New to these boards, so i apologise if i'm going over old topics.

Has anyone heard of these guys....above (title)? They offer trading systems and sometimes use publishers like streetwise.

It would be good to know if anyone has tried their systems. Comments welcome. Pleasee note I will take any comments with pince of salt as I know employee of these publishers probably post all the time on forums to market their products.

cheers

Will

Hi Guys,

New to these boards, so i apologise if i'm going over old topics.

Has anyone heard of these guys....above (title)? They offer trading systems and sometimes use publishers like streetwise.

It would be good to know if anyone has tried their systems. Comments welcome. Pleasee note I will take any comments with pince of salt as I know employee of these publishers probably post all the time on forums to market their products.

cheers

Will

I know a bit about this system: Its quite cumbersome, complex based upon a probability pattern occurence.

Its main initial breakout indicator - Directional Movement ( DM )

First you look at the 4 hour chart. When you note that there is a change in the DM, you draw a line at the point of colour change.
He calls this a Window of Opportunity ( WOO)

You then go change the chart to a 30 min.

You then need to use the Fibonacci indicator, basing it upon a trend line drawn on the chart.

You need to draw three lines at the Fibonacci points 26 / 35 / 50 %

Then when the price has passed the 2nd line you enter the trade, with a stop loss at about 30 points.

When I saw this in action... and dont forget this is marketed to novice traders..I thought no way will anybody be able to follow this system.

The system requires a combination of constant watching the screen, followed by a number of difficult steps to get a green light to trade.

Its seems overly complicated, without any backtesting evidence.

And at the very expensive price of £2,000 ++ the only person making money from this will be the promoters