Best Thread The Order Book - Why Bother?

Is there any way of learning to trade using the order flow without actually paying for software?
I would love to practice but i'm currently only papertrading.
Thanks.

Something that may be useful to you if you wanted to get your feet wet without making an initial investment is to try out the Ninja Trader platform. At the moment you can get a 'free live demo' which I guess is a demo with a smarter order sim so that it closely replicates market fills. It is pretty good and something I am using to get a picture of order flow whilst I am reading/learning as much as I can before I take the plunge at a later date.

They have charts, the order book and T&S all available for free on the demo, although the DOM is pretty simplistic (classic). Try reading as much as you can on the matter as well otherwise just staring at the DOM will be overwhelming as I found.

Is there any way of learning to trade using the order flow without actually paying for software?
I would love to practice but i'm currently only papertrading.
Thanks.

If you want to trade order flow you'll need a decent DOM. You'll also need to look at either volume or market profiles. Top tip, when price comes down to test a previous day's naked POC them start watching carefully.