The Oil Trader

Max44

I see oil (energy) as being a great money making area of the market...as well as being very volitile. I have seen an ad in the Traders-Mag about The Oil Trader : www.theoiltrader.com

It seem good and helpful and gives an edge on oil trading, but i am wondering if anyone out there had any info about this site.

Thanks

Would be good, but an expensive subscription unless you are very focussed on the energy markets.
Think best thing is buy dips, you don't need too much fundamental analysis to do that and you don't have to pay a 250US/month subscription, money better spent on a good data/charting package.

What about the edge subscription which is 29.99usd a month. I feel you are right too! Hmmm don't know... i have subscribed to "the edge" and have 14 days free trail... i'll tell you how it goes. Also, is the any good way to track soyabeans? I am trying to see if it is linked to oil - BTW, I'm into intermarket analysis

Max44 said:
I see oil (energy) as being a great money making area of the market...as well as being very volitile. I have seen an ad in the Traders-Mag about The Oil Trader : www.theoiltrader.com

It seem good and helpful and gives an edge on oil trading, but i am wondering if anyone out there had any info about this site.

Thanks

ask away... its www.theoiltrader.com here. You can click on the green parts of the site for free...or check out the "About Us" for our CVs. We are oil trading pros an have been trading IN the oil industry (not as day-trading screen jockey's) , for a long time.

twalker said:
Would be good, but an expensive subscription unless you are very focussed on the energy markets.
Think best thing is buy dips, you don't need too much fundamental analysis to do that and you don't have to pay a 250US/month subscription, money better spent on a good data/charting package.

if you've been buying dips since you wrote/posted that...you've been cruxcified!

twalker said:

Don't need much fundamental analysis to understand oil????

Are you nuts? :!:

no wonder you would have been killed trading over the past week...no idea what you're doing

Well i have used the fundamental analysis info from the website (the edge subscription) and have already made up my subscription and more. Thanks..... Hey it's Peter Carlin from the website. Great work, thanks. Although i am somwhat new to the lang' i am catching up.

Max44 said:
Well i have used the fundamental analysis info from the website (the edge subscription) and have already made up my subscription and more. Thanks..... Hey it's Peter Carlin from the website. Great work, thanks. Although i am somwhat new to the lang' i am catching up.

Good to Hear Max! As you know...we've been on top of this move.

And the subscription rate is cheap if you really trade.

Even the ProSeries at £1350 per year is cheap...similar costs $30,ooo per year

enjoy!

I have not been crucified, cos I haven't been in the market.
What is your impression of a dip? I thought you said you were not day trader jockeys!
Sorry that I said it was not worth the money, most of these things are not, although when I traded energy markets in the past, and I was trading only energy then, it was indeed necessary to do a lot of fundamental work, we had a team of people to do it. I was just implying thaty at the moment the fundamentals of oil are pretty plain to see.

I have been only taking long positions in oil for a while now and as a result was stopped out of the last trade. Guess for a subscription to Peters site I could have avoided losing a couple of grand but probably wouldn't have believed them anyway as I have always found my own analysis works best in the long run. I would still not be getting short this market however. Would like to hear a coherent argument from bears however, like where is downside taget or duration of this downside move, or will that cost me $30?
It is of course just my view and energy products are not where I spend much time.

twalker said:
I have been only taking long positions in oil for a while now and as a result was stopped out of the last trade. Guess for a subscription to Peters site I could have avoided losing a couple of grand but probably wouldn't have believed them anyway as I have always found my own analysis works best in the long run. I would still not be getting short this market however. Would like to hear a coherent argument from bears however, like where is downside taget or duration of this downside move, or will that cost me $30?
It is of course just my view and energy products are not where I spend much time.

if its not where you spend your time...its not worth mine

I've been using Peter's site, courtesy of the free trial for the Professional Series , and cannot recommend it highly enough. Like one of the early posters, I easily covered the first month's subscription in one day (actually more like several months) and I'm just a beginner, trading in small amounts. The site has definitely helped me to avoid being crucified during the past week . It's also great for keeping abreast of the situation in the Middle East. Great work, Peter, from a new subscriber.

if its not where you spend your time...its not worth mine

Is that because I haven't paid you your money yet or because I suggested you make a prediction rather than a back trade?

What is your problem? I trade STIRS for a living but dabble in everything else, including energy, that I used to trade professionally for two of the biggest players.

Where did you come from?

If you show us that you can tell us something about the market without being a harry hindsight then maybe some people, other than your cronies, will be tempted to pay you for more.

For example, I would be a buyer of WTI here as we are testing major uptrend and can keep a reasonable stop on it, how about you?

twalker said:
Is that because I haven't paid you your money yet or because I suggested you make a prediction rather than a back trade?

What is your problem? I trade STIRS for a living but dabble in everything else, including energy, that I used to trade professionally for two of the biggest players.

Where did you come from?

If you show us that you can tell us something about the market without being a harry hindsight then maybe some people, other than your cronies, will be tempted to pay you for more.

For example, I would be a buyer of WTI here as we are testing major uptrend and can keep a reasonable stop on it, how about you?

Now that you're all wound up! Where did I come from? From the oil industry, that's where. Cronies? I'm 41. What's my problem? Don't have one. "Harry Hindsight"..."make a prediction"...the trial is free. Its all there. Nobody's asking for your money! Our names and CVs are for all to see on the site. Why don't YOU identify yourself and who you used to trade for?
All of our "predictions" at theoiltrader.com are available on free trial, so you can drop the BS about asking for your money.