The Oak island mystery

Pat494

Legendary member
13,843 1,399
What has it got to do with trading I hear you say ? Well to be honest not a lot BUT it is an intriguing mystery centred around the money pit as they call it.

Never heard of it ? Just to briefly summarise, a pit was discovered in the late 18th century , on a small island in Nova Scotia, Canada. Every 10ft or so a platform of logs was laid. In the 1820s people tried to dig it out to see what was at the bottom of the pit but at about 90 feet it flooded. Someone had gone to an immense amount of effort to booby trap it. People have spent millions since trying to get to the bottom and 6 men have died.

The latest attempt by 2 brothers and associates is being followed on Discovery TV.
Theories of it's origins range from the 5 ships full of precious things that sailed from France during the persecution of The Templars to Captain Kidd's missing treasure etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oak_Island

I wonder ?

Last edited:

BSD

Veteren member
3,819 984
Lol when I read the thread title, my first thought was that someone had unearthed a previously undiscovered and unpublished Enid Blyton mystery in a remote attic somewhere.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

But really weird story you discovered there, had never heard about that before.

Reactions: lawrence-lugar

Pat494

Legendary member
13,843 1,399
The TV programme is on again tonight at 7 pm UK time on SKY Discovery Channel 529.
I won't be in to watch it unfortunately.
Let's hope they get digging and less talking.

Last edited:

counter_violent

Legendary member
9,694 2,471
Well, I don't know about the oak island mystery....but the discovery of Dick III in a car park in Leicester had me in stitches.

Basically, the woman excavating the remains put a pick through his skull by accident :LOL:

As if he didn't suffer enough in his brief life.

You can see the fresh hole in his skull in the vid clip. :LOL:
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/richard-iii-the-king-in-the-car-park/videos/all/richard-iii-the-king-in-the-car-park

Full documentary.
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/richard-iii-the-king-in-the-car-park/on-demand

Last edited:

BSD

Veteren member
3,819 984
Don't get Discovery here, did you see it, anything new come to light ?

Pat494

Legendary member
13,843 1,399
Don't get Discovery here, did you see it, anything new come to light ?
Wasn't able to watch it.
More talk I expect. They tend to stand around the hole planning the next move and it is usually anything but digging !

They could have got some Cornish miners in, on day 1 and probably should have.

Reactions: BSD

BSD

Veteren member
3,819 984
They tend to stand around the hole planning the next move and it is usually anything but digging !
Well, err, that sounds like some highly entertaining, umm, entertaínment.

Should be a real Blockbuster, that.

The stuff you can do apparently to earn a living boggles the mind.

Pat494

Legendary member
13,843 1,399
Well, err, that sounds like some highly entertaining, umm, entertaínment.

Should be a real Blockbuster, that.

The stuff you can do apparently to earn a living boggles the mind.

Well yes , see your point but of course the main interest is - what is at the bottom of the hole ?

I see there is a supposed treasure train near you buried deep into the mountains of Poland ?
There are still a few mysteries left to solve thank goodness.

Last edited:

BSD

Veteren member
3,819 984
Maybe they really should send in the Cornish miners.

:D

But it really is an intriguing story, must say.