The next US President?

Governments get popular through war. Check the number at Data Access-Presidential Approval. Bush had about 92% approval rating right after 2001/09/01, and Americans trusted in the US government. Similarly, other presidents have been very popular and trust in government high when people believe there is an existenstential threat, and the government can prevent it. When people stop believing, they lose faith in governmental institutions.

It's an old and well used trick for leaders to exaggerate a foreign menace. Hitler exploited this tactic brilliantly when the Reichstag burnt down. Probably started by the Nazis themselves. He blamed foreign saboteurs, countries and political enemies very successfully to enhance his own position and divert attention from domestic problems. Bush did the same for 911. Now $3 trillion later its coming unravelled somewhat when the Iraq war etc. was started on a pack of lies no WMD and no terrorists existed in Iraq in 2003. They probably do now ( terrorists ) though.
Glad to see Obama seems to have grasped the fact that the USA is bankrupting itself over a few terrorists. Without economic muscle the West will be powerless. In years to come Historians may well wonder how so many were defeated by so few, so easily. Answer is that the West elected a stupid man who has all but lost out to the new boys on the block. Oh dear !!

It's an old and well used trick for leaders to exaggerate a foreign menace. Hitler exploited this tactic brilliantly when the Reichstag burnt down. Probably started by the Nazis themselves. He blamed foreign saboteurs, countries and political enemies very successfully to enhance his own position and divert attention from domestic problems. Bush did the same for 911. Now $3 trillion later its coming unravelled somewhat when the Iraq war etc. was started on a pack of lies no WMD and no terrorists existed in Iraq in 2003. They probably do now ( terrorists ) though.
Glad to see Obama seems to have grasped the fact that the USA is bankrupting itself over a few terrorists. Without economic muscle the West will be powerless. In years to come Historians may well wonder how so many were defeated by so few, so easily. Answer is that the West elected a stupid man who has all but lost out to the new boys on the block. Oh dear !!

So true. Plus George wanted revenge and Tony wanted a Crusade. A lethal cocktail.

Looks like McCain it is.............

McCain proposes tax cuts and lashes Democrats | Politics | Reuters

LOL...I nearly fell over laughing at this. If ever there was a natural successor to Bush it's got to be this guy. So the weak dollar and raging inflation on anything denominated in dollars is causing you huge problems so what do you do....make it cheaper to consume ,prop up that demand and funnel even more dollars back to the Mid east...if it wasn't so outrageously funny it would be terrible ,but what can I say ,if the US elect a peanut like this then they truly deserve everything they get.

As we know they are all on the same side anyway.
Obi one could go up in flames at any time.....
Hilary has image issues..... and not the botox variety.....
Oven chip maybe dull despite the uptick received from his affair with younger woman. He is seen as a safe pair of hands and less "radical" choice as the other 2 would set a precedent.

Lastly The Lord of the Rings(UK peer), Jake has recently endorsed Mac.
A few years back potential guvnor Arnie got Buffett as his fin advisor... and Jake invited both to dinner... it was effectively game over and election was a formality.

The rest of the world knows very well that the US Presidency goes to the candidate with the most money. You could get Kermit the frog from the Muppets elected if you splashed out enough money. Surely noone would disagree looking at the past results. Take George "birdbrain" W for instance. QED - hole in one straight-off.
It just surprises me there isn't an Arab candidate riding high on petro-dollars. Control of the USA for at least 4 years - who knows what they could get the USA to do - bomb Israel and a whole lot more I expect !!
By the way someone should really tell George he can't run again even if he does give everyone $600 ( of taxpayer's money).

Now $3 trillion later its coming unravelled somewhat when the Iraq war etc. was started on a pack of lies no WMD and no terrorists existed in Iraq in 2003. They probably do now ( terrorists ) though.

I hope I am not perpetuating a myth, but I heard on some program or other, that the US imposed onto Iraq a rule whereby 75% of their (Iraqi) oil is to be handed over to selected US oil companies for the next 20 years or so.
Off and on, I have tried to verify this through multiple sources, but to no avail.

If true, the war, paid for by US tax-payers, will benefit a handful of private corporations. Aside from the blood, death and misery, a pretty good deal. ("YOU" pay for the war, and "I" collect the profits).

EDIT: If untrue, then its a spurious non-fact!

Last edited:
I hope I am not perpetuating a myth, but I heard on some program or other, that the US imposed onto Iraq a rule whereby 75% of their (Iraqi) oil is to be handed over to selected US oil companies for the next 20 years or so.
Off and on, I have tried to verify this through multiple sources, but to no avail.

If true, the war, paid for by US tax-payers, will benefit a handful of private corporations. Aside from the blood, death and misery, a pretty good deal. ("YOU" pay for the war, and "I" collect the profits).

EDIT: If untrue, then its a spurious non-fact!

I read it was 70% to the US and, 30% to the Iraqis. And as the Kurds control the oil rich North with Mosul and Kirkuk the 70% of the 30% will be theirs and the remaining 30% of the 70% will go to the rest of the 80% Iraqi people.

The 70% going to the US represents the heavy R&D and extraction techonology that is required apparently. :LOL: Considering this Iraqi oil is the easiest to extract in the World it's pure theft.

However, they have had all sorts of difficulties getting it voted through Iraqi Parliament - which is US controlled and vetoed anyway so I'm not sure if Bush and his cronies really appreciate what true democracy is??? I'm sure they mean well. :cheesy:

Here is a link that explains the ups and downs a little better.

Obama has my vote. I hope Mrs Clinton plays a role in the White House in some shape or form as Clinton administration did do a lot of good work and certainly sorted out the budget.(y)