The Next US President

Oooh, careful Richard - dangerous talk!

View attachment 231252

As a reminder to all what happened with the referendum, the daily chart of the FTSE100 above shows the run up to June 23rd - and then the day the result is announced. In other words folks, load up ya shorts!
Tim.

And if Hillary wins your shorts will be full of other stuff....
And if he wins, short the $ and everything American - except gold.
And pray....even if you are an atheist.

Well, its a vast subject as is obvious when we're talking about a global war, but there are some misleading impressions that have grown up around it. One would be that WW2 was a war against Hitler, or a war against the Nazi party. This detaches the German state and people of the time from responsibility and makes a wonderful moral cause, while exempting Allied statesmen from blame for failing to take preventive actions.

From another perspective though, WW2 was just an extension of Germanic militaristic expansion on the continent that started with the foundation of Prussia. Prussia, and then the German Empire, were virtually continuously at war with their neighbours for 200 years, and the aim was expansion, not self-defence. Bear in mind that the 1940 invasion of France was the third occasion in a single lifetime that German troops had marched on Paris and the 5th war between the two states.

Spot on.

Distant warnings of Trump's hero....Vlad The Invader Putin.

And if Hillary wins your shorts will be full of other stuff....
And if he wins, short the $ and everything American - except gold.
And pray....even if you are an atheist.

Don't know if the world is ready for another Brexit type event, but if it does happen in the US, that really will be a game changer !

You have to wonder how the system got so rotten that the general public feel the need to stick it to them.

I don't think any sensible person on the planet expects an incorruptible angel in the White House, but they do expect someone level headed, self-controlled, knowledgeable, not a brainless short tempered draft dodger.

So the FBI now says no further action against Hillary.
European markets go up.
US$ goes up.
US equity markets gap up.

It looks pretty obvious to me that the world thinks she will win and therefore feels safer under her leadership than under that neo-fascist ignoramus.

Unfortunately, a lot of Americans do not like Clinton and feel let down by Obama. Listen to BBC4 news at 1300. The reporter was in Pittsburgh, apparently, a strong Democratic city.

We'll, just, have to wait and see and it is no good insulting the bloke.

It didn't do anyone a load of good not being insulting to that nice populist gentleman Herr Hitler
Anyway, Trump insults everybody who is different to him.
Me, I'm just being factual.

Unfortunately, a lot of Americans do not like Clinton and feel let down by Obama. Listen to BBC4 news at 1300. The reporter was in Pittsburgh, apparently, a strong Democratic city.

We'll, just, have to wait and see and it is no good insulting the bloke.

OTOH, a lot of people like Clinton and don't feel let down by Obama at all.

Whether or not one "likes" his leaders is a poor criterion for evaluating them. A more important criterion is whether or not they are competent to do the job.

OTOH, a lot of people like Clinton and don't feel let down by Obama at all.

Whether or not one "likes" his leaders is a poor criterion for evaluating them. A more important criterion is whether or not they are competent to do the job.

That rules them both out then.

It looks suspiciously like both of them are out to feather their own nests. Not interested in the welfare of others once they are elected. Like here, after asking for your vote you don't see them again until the next election. And you can't hold them to their election pledges either.

Before Brexit I said that because I was bored, I'd like to see what happens if GB votes to leave. I'm that apolitical. However, no amount of boredom would want to see a hot head like Trump hold the most powerful post in the world. Can you imagine him in negotiations with Putin if he says he wants Alaska back? Or if a 9/11 hits again? Like I said, I'm apolitical, and I think the "Hitler card" is childish and used too easily. But Trump quite literally is more like Hitler than he isn't, except he's dumber. That's not a hyperbolic exaggeration of his qualities.

It didn't do anyone a load of good not being insulting to that nice populist gentleman Herr Hitler
Anyway, Trump insults everybody who is different to him.
Me, I'm just being factual.

Trump has known how to tap into how a lot of discontented people feel about the administration right now.

The US is not alone. The same bad feeling is in Spain, UK and quite a few other European countries. Putin wants to tap into that discontent, too. so Trump is the favourite in Putin's camp.