The most profitable trading system

there is nothing like the most profitable trading system. all the systems can not be ranked. instead we can analyze the system's performance in a particular circumstance.

Have access to multiple each with different amounts of effort and return expectation.

Long timeframe on 1d and 1wk with 20%/qtr or /annum
Mid-timeframe on 240mn and 1d with 20%/mth
Low timeframe on 1mn & 5mn with 20% per week
Very Short timeframe on 1mn and under with 20% per day

The last one is seriously tiring even with the technology, but all are 5:1 and 10:1 P&L risk on Futures & Forex. Yesterday up +14% of account on two 1mn Futures trades (institutional indicators), July16 +18% on mid-timeframe Forex (discretionary methodology), generally concentrate on mid and short timeframes.

so you can take 20% out of 50 weekly bars ? :sneaky:....and the 1min charts offer probably 9 hours a day premo trading = 540 bars a day .........and you do 20% .........can you explain the stats a little more ?

N

How many pips trade for each time frame

Many users have different opinions and styles on timeframe. Somebody uses daily chart and others uses 15min chart. I give you the basic settings of TP on each time frame.

15 min - 20 pips
30 min - 25 pips
1 hour - 33 pips
4 hour - 53 pips
Daily - 88 pips

I think the OP is being a bit hopeful if he seriously thinks anyone with a winning system is going to do anything more than boast of their successes. As for sharing it around ? No chance.
There is the watering down theory that states that any system shared around publicly loses it's potency - bit like people I suppose.

Somehow I can't see that sharing would have such an adverse effect to make it useless. Most of the trading knowledge I gathered from others sharing - systems as well and I've been using all that for some time now:)

I'm actually looking for someone willing to invest the time and effort into learning my trading model in order to handle a portion of our workload. If you're not ready to work, please don't waste my time.

3x13x39

What's the most profitable trading system of yours? How long have you been using it?

If you like to share, you can post it here in this thread. If you can't be bothered and it's somewhere else you can provide a link.

I'm mostly interested in simple & profitable systems(y)

Search for my 3x13x39 SMA system. Make3 black; 13 red; 39 pink. Just follow the instructions and follow the black SMA 3.

What a funny thread, who in the right mind will share a winning trading system?
Only the scammers are out of the wood work trying to peddle BS around...

What a funny thread, who in the right mind will share a winning trading system?
Only the scammers are out of the wood work trying to peddle BS around...

There's no loss or risk in sharing a winning system. On the plus side the exchange of information and the challenges of peer review might help strengthen certain aspects, make it even better.

I suppose there's a degree of kudos if you post up a really strong system. Important to some people.

Some traders want to steer newcomers away from over-priced proprietary rubbish.

There's no loss or risk in sharing a winning system. On the plus side the exchange of information and the challenges of peer review might help strengthen certain aspects, make it even better.

I suppose there's a degree of kudos if you post up a really strong system. Important to some people.

Some traders want to steer newcomers away from over-priced proprietary rubbish.

We have to agree to disagree on that one:

I believe the more money are trading one system the less defective it becomes and eventually it is going to stop working, that's why a lot of the successful hedge funds are closed to new capital.

I even believe that people should not share non working systems either, why save the time of your competitors (and we are all competitors in this game called the stock market), let them test and waste time as well...

All that said, I am yet to see one good working system shared on the internet or in a book...

I once proposed a biological forecasting computer. I never heard if anyone tested it out.
Someone may be secretly stacking up millions and saying nothing ?

We have to agree to disagree on that one:

I believe the more money are trading one system the less defective it becomes and eventually it is going to stop working, that's why a lot of the successful hedge funds are closed to new capital.

I even believe that people should not share non working systems either, why save the time of your competitors (and we are all competitors in this game called the stock market), let them test and waste time as well...

All that said, I am yet to see one good working system shared on the internet or in a book...

Surely you can't seriously be putting forward that multiple successful private retail traders have all independently invented developed multiple unique systems that must be kept secret because the "industry" would destroy their edge if they found out about them?

Lack of logic here surely?

Surely you can't seriously be putting forward that multiple successful private retail traders have all independently invented developed multiple unique systems that must be kept secret because the "industry" would destroy their edge if they found out about them?

Lack of logic here surely?

Absolutely, of course you are free to post your best system and all the research you have put into it...

Absolutely, of course you are free to post your best system and all the research you have put into it...

I find that making the system generally available seems to water it down as if the bigger players are betting against it.

I find that making the system generally available seems to water it down as if the bigger players are betting against it.

Yes, exactly what I meant, basically if a lot of people (money) are chasing the same system, you'll know exactly where people are buying (support) and were they are selling (resistance) and you can just front run it a little and then someone will come along and do it a little more and in the end the system is going to be arbitraged away... That's why you cannot find a good system and have to develop it yourself...