The Most Important Indicator - The News

aamarx

News, Market Fundamentals and the resulting speculative interpretation of this information is what drives the markets. I'd like to use this thread as a place to discuss current market moving news and the fundamental drivers of the Markets.

So what do you think is moving the Markets today?

News is almost irrelevant to swing and position traders in my view.

It depends on the news i guess , sometimes its the most relevant , example : Dell , BOJ board and policy changes ... etc . Unless you mean by news the daily economic figures release , so yes it is somehow irrelevant to swing traders unless there is a pattern there ...

It depends on the news i guess , sometimes its the most relevant , example : Dell , BOJ board and policy changes ... etc . Unless you mean by news the daily economic figures release , so yes it is somehow irrelevant to swing traders unless there is a pattern there ...

I guess that depends on what the news is, certainly the short term environment (day trading) is effected by news, earnings, board changes, statements in speeches.

The swing environment is less effected by 'noise' news...but more important news events (that are unexpected) like surprise interest rate changes, policy shifts, Macro events.

And long term positions (over years) rely upon cumulative news rather than singular events, meaning multiple events over time building on each other brick by brick, stocks with consistently positive news keep rising.

So I would say news overall plays a massive part in driving markets over ALL timeframes.

Reactions: tar
German Finance Minister Schaeuble says important to remember G20 countries have promised not to improve competitiveness by manipulating currencies

lol, what a ridiculous statement that is (not you aarmarx, what Schaeuble said)

So you think these big guns manipulate the prices of currencies at will. I do not understand how this manipulation is done at higher level.

I find news only to be valuable as a confirmation to what the price action is already telling me. But I would love if someone has a way or source of news that tells them what the price will do before it actually does it.

I guess that depends on what the news is, certainly the short term environment (day trading) is effected by news, earnings, board changes, statements in speeches.

The swing environment is less effected by 'noise' news...but more important news events (that are unexpected) like surprise interest rate changes, policy shifts, Macro events.

And long term positions (over years) rely upon cumulative news rather than singular events, meaning multiple events over time building on each other brick by brick, stocks with consistently positive news keep rising.

So I would say news overall plays a massive part in driving markets over ALL timeframes.

Yes, but can we retailers catch the price before the market hears about it?

News, Market Fundamentals and the resulting speculative interpretation of this information is what drives the markets. I'd like to use this thread as a place to discuss current market moving news and the fundamental drivers of the Markets.

So what do you think is moving the Markets today?

sorry, i think this is rubbish.
news doesn't drive markets.

For me most important indicator is Bollinger band . I can get support resistance levels, Volume of trading and most important some idea about trend. Its middle band curve is important to follow. If you do some hard work with this indicator it will really give you profit.

For me most important indicator is Bollinger band . I can get support resistance levels, Volume of trading and most important some idea about trend. Its middle band curve is important to follow. If you do some hard work with this indicator it will really give you profit.

How do you get volume of trading from bollinger bands?

Peter