the most accurate financial details?

hkmt

Hi Everyone

I am looking for a website where I can find the most accurate, detailed financial details about the companies (P/E ratios, EPS ratios, P/B ratios etc...)

At the moment I use ADVFN and Bloomberg for obtaining the financial info that I need for the analysis. Yet there are some significant differences between those two. For instance I try to obtain some info about a company here is the differences;

ADVFN Bloomberg

P/E 12.06 8.64
PEG 0.16 -

And I dont even know which one is accurate. Obviously when you do financial analysis, even little differences may have significant effect on results. Hence I dont want to leave it to a luck and decided to ask you guys; which website would you recommend for looking at companies' financial details?

Thanks

I use: www.ft.com

If you find discrepancies then double check to see which results they are using to calculate their ratios i.e. Yearly or Half yearly. With ft.com you will get a difference depending on which you have selected.

The only way to find out for sure is to check against the Annual/Half yearly reports available for download from the company websites, they are freely available.

. . . which website would you recommend for looking at companies' financial details?
Hi hkmt,
I'm surprised at the discrepancies and I agree with n_t's comments as being the most likely explanation.

A favourite site amongst investors - one of them at any rate - is this one: Company REFS. You'll have to pay to access it though. If you want an excellent charting package at reasonable cost for end of day analysis, try: ShareScope It enjoys an excellent reputation and has a vast array of fundamental data.
Tim.

Last edited:
The only way to find out for sure is to check against the Annual/Half yearly reports available for download from the company websites, they are freely available.
True, the best source is the source.
To the OP new_traders suggestion is best.

Hi hkmt,

From my equity research days, this is a problem I am familiar with. The discrepancies are often widespread for many companies, I agree with the other posters that reputable sources are the best. It is best to stick with one source as well as mixing the data can skew the results. Morningstar (.co.uk) is also worth a look as they feature quite a comprehensive listing of companies.

If you are looking at US equities I have found that the most useful site is YCharts as they also offer graphical analysis of trends. As always for the more advanced ratios you will need to pay :-(

Thanks
Tom