Article The Journey of Self-Development

T2W Bot

Staff member
1,458 60
The Mindset That You Brought into Trading is NOT the Mindset That Will Bring Success in Trading

The Journey Begins – Stumbling Out of the Starting GatesTraders begin the journey into trading with high hopes.  They believe, with good training and enough screen time, they will be able to master trading and achieve their dreams through trading.  They practice diligently in simulation, back-test their methodology, and/or use a trading organization’s “near money” until they clearly see that they can win at this game with their own money.  Confident from their past experience of hard work and ambition having paid off in the past, they assume this ethic will lead them to success in trading also.  Methodically, they have trained themselves to achieve their dreams.
Then they start trading live.  Anyone who has been around trading for a while knows the war stories.  The stories of blown-up accounts and the slow bleed of a thousand small cuts litter the landscape of the...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

ProfitDude

2 0
Get outta my HEAD!!

Thanks. Gr8 article aboot that which is going on in my trading life as we speak. Happy (and calm) trading, TJ.

NVP

Legendary member
37,067 1,916
just the Tip.......

interesting article that does mention that the "Enemy is us" .........

The Best leaders in business, Trading. Warfare ...anything...... have a "multiple mindset" going on ......an internal debate with multiple questions , options , solutions being analysed, Practiced and rehearsed and refined and ready to bring to the game if needed............this is a very very hard place to get to so only few are successful

Calm on the surface and inferno of activity underneath......

I also enjoyed the part about success generating over-confidence and how it is an unwelcome divergence from the perfect long term business model for wealth and success..........but again you have to LIVE these things to learn from them.....

as Oscar Wilde said..............."the only things worth learning in life are not learnt from Books"

N

foroom lluzers

Veteren member
3,611 135
interesting article that does mention that the "Enemy is us" .........

The Best leaders in business, Trading. Warfare ...anything...... have a "multiple mindset" going on ......an internal debate with multiple questions , options , solutions being analysed, Practiced and rehearsed and refined and ready to bring to the game if needed............this is a very very hard place to get to so only few are successful

Calm on the surface and inferno of activity underneath......

I also enjoyed the part about success generating over-confidence and how it is an unwelcome divergence from the perfect long term business model for wealth and success..........but again you have to LIVE these things to learn from them.....

as Oscar Wilde said..............."the only things worth learning in life are not learnt from Books"

N
You can only learn about you as a trader by experience of trial and error on live accounts , that is learning how to trade successfully under pressure stress , emotions and the enemy within us , no one else can teach you about becoming a successful trader.A mentor can guide you through this process.