The High-Flyer's Porsche Strategy

Trevor2522

51 0
I once read a story about a poor guy in New York challenging a young, apparently-wealthy trader getting into his Porsche parked at the kerbside. The trader, possibly in options, only took a couple of years to achieve his success. The poor guy stated that he subsequently took the hint, copied his mentor's strategy and achieved a similar level of success. An illustration of 'getting rich quick', or a fishy tale ... I don't know, except that fortunes are made and lost in big city financial markets.

My question here is: for those not content to just wager, say, 1% of their pot, per trade, on a spread bet account (i.e. slow and steady) -- but willing to take higher risks, what options (figuratively and literally) are available in the trading scene? It would appear the above example is one of a trader working on generous commissions for a financial services company handling very large deposits and trades; hence the big rewards. Are these out-of-reach of the home-based trader working on his own account, or genuinely possible if his deposit (and nerves) are strong enough? Could anyone give me an idea of risk-to-reward ratios, pot-size and instruments which the big DMA (direct market access) traders work around? Thank you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock