The Diary Of Not Even Semi-Serious DAX30 DayTader

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope your an idiot ive been long to 6571 since the open should have closed it several times always take a profit

Hi Nick, why do you use SB instead of CFDs? Is it only a tax thing?

I don't spread bet becasue of the tax, the tax issue don't bother me if I had to pay it or not.

I spread bet becasue its simple and straight forward, I used it from day one, and I continue to use it. It works for me and works well for me, so there is not really any need for me to change it.

The whole tax free thing doesn't factor into my decision.

I would venture to say pulling 6 figures is a tad more than semi serious (y)

I would be glad with high 5 figures right now.

I only trade 10 months (2 months holidays) of the year, but my normal weekly average is £3,000ish, my minimum weekly target is £1,000. I only risk 3% of my account tops on each trade, sometimes 2%, sometimes 1%.

But I managed to pop the £100k a year mark, even though thats not my yearly aim. My yearly aim is £75k.

And for whats its worth, I'm currently over 100k for 2013 as of last month. And in past 3 weeks I have brought in around £8k, as you have seen here on this thread.

I only trade 10 months (2 months holidays) of the year, but my normal weekly average is £3,000ish, my minimum weekly target is £1,000. I only risk 3% of my account tops on each trade, sometimes 2%, sometimes 1%.

But I managed to pop the £100k a year mark, even though thats not my yearly aim. My yearly aim is £75k.

You are at where i wish to be. Most traders who have been trading for a few years know how to trade. Its the ones who overcome faults and have a good plan that succeeed. I am pretty good at knowing where price will go on just about any instrument but for whatever reason when i go live i make silly mistakes even to this day. So one day I'l make 3k in a day and the next im blowing 3500. Im over that part which was just greed and discipline thankfully. But I just need to get consistant and find the right avene for me. We cant spread bet in the States though. So I am into forex.

I will be following this because I like what you are doing. I am back to demo to iron out soem things

You are at where i wish to be. Most traders who have been trading for a few years know how to trade. Its the ones who overcome faults and have a good plan that succeeed. I am pretty good at knowing where price will go on just about any instrument but for whatever reason when i go live i make silly mistakes even to this day. So one day I'l make 3k in a day and the next im blowing 3500. Im over that part which was just greed and discipline thankfully. But I just need to get consistant and find the right avene for me. We cant spread bet in the States though. So I am into forex.

I will be following this because I like what you are doing. I am back to demo to iron out soem things

If I have a secret to making money, then its simply this....I know when to get out, that doesn't mean just with a profit, but more so aimed at getting out at break even or with a minor loss.

Thats my secret, learn to cut a trade,and learn not to dwell on it with hope of a recovery.

If you can do that, the profits will come.

I don't want anyone thinking I'm big headed here etc, I just thought you might want to know my circumstance and where I'm at in finance and trading.

I mentioned on my opening post on this thread and my introduction on the welcome thread that I was a losing trader previously, I blow many accounts and spend lots on courses etc etc.

This wasn't an overnight process for me, it took almost 10 years to get to this stage.

I don't want anyone thinking I'm big headed here etc, I just thought you might want to know my circumstance and where I'm at in finance and trading.

I mentioned on my opening post on this thread and my introduction on the welcome thread that I was a losing trader previously, I blow many accounts and spend lots on courses etc etc.

This wasn't an overnight process for me, it took almost 10 years to get to this stage.

It is a comfort to me and, I'm sure, many others, that you are able to make that kind of money out of spreadbetting. I use it, myself, with no complaints, but with smaller stakes than you.

When you were losing didnt you consider giving up?
Didnt your missus tell you to stop? :whistling

It is a comfort to me and, I'm sure, many others, that you are able to make that kind of money out of spreadbetting. I use it, myself, with no complaints, but with smaller stakes than you.

If your going to go higher stakes (£10-£20 or more) then really you do need to go to IG and City. I would not trade those stakes with the likes of ETX or CMC, to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't even trade £1 a point with CMC or ETX.

Anything over £20pp, I honestly say go with IG.

Status
Not open for further replies.