The Daily Index Trader

I've stopped out on my first days trading,Everybody else the same? just to check ive done it right.
my cac stopped out at 3664.21
thanks

good luck Steve, and to all who are still in this trade! Don't want to change the system, but may look to devise a mitigation strategy on another account i.e when the CAC got taken out, BUY it on another account since all the signs pointed to a reversal to the upside!! will need to test it out though on tiny stakes though.

Is anyone elase having problems getting into the DIT members area with their password, it was of last week. I haven't received new password, checked my emails.

Hi SteveBanks,

Please add me to the private forum list.

princetrader - the new password is sent out with Matrin's Traders Bulletin email at the end of the week. I purchased the system last week but had same problem as you, I emailed him this morning and and he is looking into it to check I am on the mailing list.

Best,

Hi Princetrader,
I thought I hadn't received an email either - so I searched my mail for "Martin" -tracked it down - was from "Traders Bulletin Weekly" - password was at the top of the page - hope this helps.
lin

Another losing day, not a good start to the week! third week trading, starting bank £200 balance now £164.73 hope things improve for the rest of this week!

Hi SteveBanks,

Please add me to the private forum list.

princetrader - the new password is sent out with Matrin's Traders Bulletin email at the end of the week. I purchased the system last week but had same problem as you, I emailed him this morning and and he is looking into it to check I am on the mailing list.

Best,

Welcome pimplico,

I've put you on the list. Bad start to the week so now looking to tomorrow to give everyone a lift. Good luck (y)

Am I missing something here? it's most likely one of the positions will be a losing trade, so your relying on the remining trade to cover that loss as well as becoming profitable. I admit I've only been following for the last three working days, but it appears to me each time the profitable trade comes no where near the profit limit target, to close the trade for a profit. And yes I did get my figures right as I double checked with forum comments & members area when I was able to log in last week.

It appears as if the way the systems has been designed the odds are infact against you. Are we being taken for a ride. I'm specially suspecious about members who always to see the positive side of this system!!!

Am I missing something here? it's most likely one of the positions will be a losing trade, so your relying on the remining trade to cover that loss as well as becoming profitable. I admit I've only been following for the last three working days, but it appears to me each time the profitable trade comes no where near the profit limit target, to close the trade for a profit. And yes I did get my figures right as I double checked with forum comments & members area when I was able to log in last week.

It appears as if the way the systems has been designed the odds are infact against you. Are we being taken for a ride. I'm specially suspecious about members who always to see the positive side of this system!!!

Hi princetrader,

I appreciate that you only bought the system a few days ago but if you read through the manual you can see that the ratio of risk reward is 2:1. So your right on the days when both trades get stopped out you are losing whatever % risk you entered in to the Evaluator. Against the possible win of half that amount.

The success of the system depends on a high strike rate of winning trades. In excess of 66%. Now as you will have seen with the records for the last 12 months it has averaged some 76%.

It is a long term strategy and so in the short term (the last 2 weeks haven't been very good) you are going to have losses but it's when the system has it's run of winning trades that real progress is made.

Good luck tomorrow :)

Hi everyone.

I bought the system last week and am just trying to get to grips with it before I start trading it properly. It seems a bit more complicated than Net Trap which I also have.
Steve B, Can you add me to the list for the private forum
Many thanks
Stew

Hi everyone.

I bought the system last week and am just trying to get to grips with it before I start trading it properly. It seems a bit more complicated than Net Trap which I also have.
Steve B, Can you add me to the list for the private forum
Many thanks
Stew

Welcome steww75,

your on the list. Once you've got the hang of the Evaluator and have placed your trades for a couple of days it does get much easier.

Good luck when you start trading and there are plenty here to help if you have any questions. (y)

Can't wait for private forum, I think I have found a magic formula for making this 1:1 eliminating 50% risk but obviously can't discuss just yet :)

Hey c0py...

I am intrigued to see what you have uncovered, I too have been thinking of a "mitigation" strategy...be good to share thoughts on our private members forum once setup.

Amazing to see so many fellow traders supporting each other...

Cheers,
Hazzy38

Can't wait for private forum, I think I have found a magic formula for making this 1:1 eliminating 50% risk but obviously can't discuss just yet :)

That sounds interesting! when will the private forum be available?

I have been told on IG index it is possible to trade an instrument in both directions at the same time. So using DIT calculations it should be possible to hedge each instrument against itself.

I believe there is a tick box to force a trade in the opposite direction on the deal ticket. Is anybody aware of this function?

Yeah I just check IG and force open is ticket by default...

Attachments

• open.PNG
    open.PNG
    12 KB · Views: 182
Hi All,

I just rang up IG index, and that force open does exactly that, hedge the same instrument!!

Cheers!