The Best Films and Books about Trading that aren't about Trading

Jason101

Experienced member
So many times I see a film or read a book and think wow, that was so about trading. Do you know what I mean?
So how about a compilation of titles that scream out TRADING to you, (but are not). Please join in, I think it could make an epic thread.

Kung Fu Panda - That was so about trading.

An outsider to the world of Kung Fu, who discovered that the biggest secret was, that there is no secret. And he learnt that the only way for him to master Kung Fu, was to follow his individual style. These are just a couple of many examples from this film.

Kung Fu Panda is a must watch film for anyone serious about trading!

Last edited:
Excellent, I had forgotten about that quote.
Yes, it wasn't only the secret scroll giving the ultimate power that had no secret power but also the noodle (or soup?) recipe that had no secret ingredient.

I am going to have to watch that film again soon. With two young children and a wife, it's about the only "trading" film I am allowed to watch!

Excellent, I had forgotten about that quote.
Yes, it wasn't only the secret scroll giving the ultimate power that had no secret power but also the noodle (or soup?) recipe that had no secret ingredient.

I am going to have to watch that film again soon. With two young children and a wife, it's about the only "trading" film I am allowed to watch!

Sit the kids down to Wolf of Wall St - they'll love it.

Hi,

Here is a Radio 4 program all about Trading, which is not actually about Trading.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01h75xp

Melvyn Bragg seems a bit highbrow after Kung Fu Panda, but I think this program about Trading which is not actually about Trading offers a good introduction to Game Theory.

(Edit: Also available as a download somewhere on BBC website)

Last edited:
How Science is Taking the Luck out of Gambling

How Science is Taking the Luck out of Gambling