Test your reflexes

trader_dante

Veteren member
Sorry if this is old and people have seen it before.

How fast are your reflexes: Escapa!

Apparently, the "best" are getting scores above 25.

My personal best is 18.996 seconds.

Last edited:
as a former semi-pro gamer i dont really see the need for ultra fast reflexes in trading.

Thing is, it's more memory unless the shapes are randomised each time. Which they aren't. Reflexes are needed if you scalp.

moving a shape to avoid other shapes is not the same as how fast you can react and click buy im afraid!

18 at the mo but blood sugar is rather low so hands a bit shakey! got some food on the go just now :)

22.685 seconds, after a bit of practise!

It is actually a valid to trading test of -

Pattern recognition
Corection or repetition of same mistakes. Also does one improve their technique/positioning in order to avoid repetition of past mistakes?
Learning skills - Ability to recognise & adapt to slightly different patterns? (i thought it presented me with a few different variations??)
Emotional detachment - Ice cool or panic
Adrenaline - relaxed or tense grip on the mouse
Patience - the ability to hide in the corner and do nothing, except wait.
Emotional scarring - will past mistakes create a mental block at the same points, or will you remain emotionally detached at all times and treat the full process with equal neutrality.
Ability to recognise and try other routes, or does one just keep trying the same route each time...

Last edited:
22.685 seconds, after a bit of practise!

It is actually a valid to trading test of -

Pattern recognition
Corection or repetition of same mistakes
Learning skills - Ability to recognise & adapt to slightly different patterns? (i thought it presented me with a few different variations??)
Emotional detachment - Ice cool or panic
Adrenaline - relaxed or tense grip on the mouse
Patience - the ability to hide in the corner and do nothing, except wait.
Emotional scarring - will past mistakes create a mental block at the same points, or will you remain emotionally detached at all times and treat the full process with equal neutrality.
Ability to recognise and try other routes, or does one just keep trying the same route each time...

yes you can hide in the corners but where is the skill in that? :rolleyes: i thought this was about reflexes...

51.6? i must be playing a different game then as watching how fast that gets after you have finished your time there is no chance some1 is going to react to that

Also, does one use common sense. After some time of holding the mouse button in your wirst tendons begin to tense up, eventually your hand will become shaky.
If you are stationary in the corner, you do not need to press down any button, just sit & relax until needed to move......A bit like unneccessary energy/attention sapping screen watching - learning that you dont need to be glued to the screen every second.

23.197 - tried a different route.

It also tests the ability to focus on & follow the plan. But also to be looking out for and open minded to other possibilities, better routes etc. with your peripheral vision.

Also, does one use common sense. After some time of holding the mouse button in your wirst tendons begin to tense up, eventually your hand will become shaky.
If you are stationary in the corner, you do not need to press down any button, just sit & relax until needed to move......A bit like unneccessary energy/attention sapping screen watching - learning that you dont need to be glued to the screen every second.

Maybe we should hold a escapa! olympics :LOL:

im doin about 20 consistantly but its hard with this mouse at the mo. so dante is doing twice what we are? judging by the rate of increase of speed there is no way in hell.