TechQuant - Preparing to Trade

Nothing like a bit of competition to get the juices flowing. I've offered NVP the opportunity of pitting his 15 years experience against my 2 months (retail side) next week. A one day, limited period, single pair contest. If he accepts, I'll dub in a little more detail here about how I'm going to trade the lower levels within the context already outlined.

As an aside, and this is what makes the difference between a pro and an an amateur, I don't have any ego riding on the outcome. Win/lose - do better/worse than NVP - nothing can hurt me. The other reason it's a no-brainer for me and bad news for NVP, regardless of outcome, is that he's picked on a kid with 2 months experience to show off his 15 years experience. He has to do spectacularly well to even begin to justify his arrogance and bravado. A lot of pressure on him with absolutely no guarantee of a good outcome whatever happens. That's the difference between a pro and an amateur.

Great post.

Reactions: NVP
This person, who everyone is calling a "kid", is 36 years old. He is old enough to have ripped off a lot of people by now. Because he has set himself against some of the big traders in the US, he is deemed to be a modern Robin Hood for the downtrodden, British trader.

Maybe, he is. We'll see. The public is fickle. In a month, he could be the biggest villain unhung.