Technical Analysis v Fundamentals, OR ratio

Here's a gem for you

Don't eat yellow snow

i watched a lot of CHART, i'm going to go off that.

win, or loose.thats all i got

i know that the big banks, and the ivy league mathematicians , i'm at a disadvantage , but you know what i'll take the crumbs, and then some

i watched a lot of CHART, i'm going to go off that.

win, or loose.thats all i got

i know that the big banks, and the ivy league mathematicians , i'm at a disadvantage , but you know what i'll take the crumbs, and then some
How do you discern true opportunity from patterns that won't pan out? It's impossible and just guess work without being able to know why price is moving and how much potential it might have. Look if you want some help on fundamentals I am happy to advise as was done to me by institutional traders. It works and I can vouch for it from personal experience. Its a lot of work I admit but the reward is a successful outcome. Offer is there if you willing to learn, I am still learning myself but I have so far been building a growing account so I am well on my way to doing it without even thinking about it.

How do you discern true opportunity from patterns that won't pan out? It's impossible and just guess work without being able to know why price is moving and how much potential it might have. Look if you want some help on fundamentals I am happy to advise as was done to me by institutional traders. It works and I can vouch for it from personal experience. Its a lot of work I admit but the reward is a successful outcome. Offer is there if you willing to learn, I am still learning myself but I have so far been building a growing account so I am well on my way to doing it without even thinking about it.

thanks, but i;m a chart guy and thats all i will ever be i know this, and i am ok with it

although i do know know there is a LOT of serious fundies & players behind those charts.

we retailers, we don't have the education or resources ...

we do what we can do...

Im only cruizin' on demo but i'm still down with the retailers maaan yeah... And fundie news just gets my demo pips in trouble dude, I learned the hard way ;)

although i do know know there is a LOT of serious fundies & players behind those charts.

we retailers, we don't have the education or resources ...

we do what we can do...

By all means, if you want to run yourself down then I will not stop you, but don't put down retailers as a whole :)

If you don't want to work for it then that's fine but with a little bit of effort, even an average trader can identify a few "gems" from fundamentals. Even with just a basic understanding.

You are making fundamentals far more difficult than they are. It's not all about equations and algebra. It's the very same as technical analysis... you understand how it works and then you use it to your advantage. There was a time when you didnt know TA either. And now you do.

The advantages of the institutional trader v the retail trader have vastly narrowed over the last 10 years. Now we have many of the very same tools they have. Granted they have a few nice perks but you don't have to beat them. Figure out where they are going and then be on the same side as them.

There is plenty of stupid money in the market, no need to try beat the smart money. Be the smart money :)

Today for example German Gdp beat expectations providing a strong eu buying sentiment.

This news slipped through my radar. I was short last week on the EUR but closed out my position before the week was up as price action suggest to me that demand was coming in. A 135 pips run on a 0.8% print vs 0.6% expectation seems excessive reaction. There must have been a lot of short covering.

An interesting article on the technical picture "head and shoulder failed".

KpV64qV.gif

This news slipped through my radar. I was short last week on the EUR but closed out my position before the week was up as price action suggest to me that demand was coming in. A 135 pips run on a 0.8% print vs 0.6% expectation seems excessive reaction. There must have been a lot of short covering.

An interesting article on the technical picture "head and shoulder failed".

KpV64qV.gif
It does seem excessive. The market seems to want to buy euro but there just isn't a fundamental reason behind it. My conclusion, and I spent 2 hours last night trawling the data and watching the latest ecb conference again, is price pullback. I am going to go over the data again this morning with a fresh head and devise an entry plan to the short side. Ultimately they are diverged with the fed and there is no self sustained inflation taking place.