Technical Analysis Day Trader Journal

cashy

Hello Folks, Technical trader here that never did very serious trading. Looking for a funding opportunity to begin pro trading. Finally have some time to jump in here! I will be posting my trades on a daily basis from a paper trading account! Would love to hear some criticism as well as feedback! I am saving for a margin account to start on my own, but it will take time, I'm half way there so in that time ill be posting here!

Love to find valid trading setups, I am very technical and do not enter the trade unless there are clear reasons for it!

Last edited:
Just got the first trade of the day, I had a late start!

SBGI just showed its hand. Price action came down to retest a trend line, price found support there with significant candlesticks that show the way! As soon as price bounced of the support trend line, I waited for price action to break the previous peek, and executed a buy trade! Waited for the break out and took the profit! Text book technical analysis play!

ScreenHunter 64.png

Took a small loss on PETS, but, if I would of waited it would of been a gain! Done trading for the day in the green!

ScreenHunter 65.png

I have to work on not jumping in at the bell, got a loss on BURG and AAPL!

When the loss happened then I started to be careful and wait for a setup. Lesson learned, do not jump in at the opening bell, wait for a valid setup!

A valid setup came in on the MTSI. Looks like price action formed railway tracks right at a R5 pivot level which told me price is finding support there and will now look to head higher. I waited for price action to start breaking all the higher highs, and entered the trade on the break out, waited for some profit and got out of the trade! Perfect trade setup!

ScreenHunter 70.png

Here is another trade that I took on the account of the stock dropping extensively and showing continuation of technical analysis to the down side with supporting elements! Since price has dropped already, I have noticed a strong support area, that if broken, will be a break out to the down side. As soon as price started to drop below the support line, I executed a sell trade!

ScreenHunter 72.png

Really tough to get funding for trading even though you are profitable! Looking for a partnership opportunity

Got the first trade of the day on ROKU. This stock opened up with a gap higher on positive news! I started watching this stock running higher and higher, there were multiple opportunities for a trade, I opened up 400 shares when price broke out of the high and then executed another 400 shares when I seen price action came back down and retested a low, found support there and started heading higher. Roku was perfect in all the right places. This is a perfect technical analysis setup! 800 shares traded on this trade!

ScreenHunter 74.png

Just caught another setup, I was a little bit late, but, I still seen that there was more room to drop on this formation. The pattern and the setup required more bottoming prices. Knowing this information from other successful trades only helps you with your next one! Patience is a must! Just sit and wait for the right opportunity to come to you, it will happen. I noticed the huge head and shoulders formation on the 15 minute chart, and then another smaller H&S pattern. Price action broke out of the neck lines, which confirmed for us the pattern is valid and price started to break the first low, and then broke out of the second low, I executed a sell trade with 1000 shares, waited for price to reach the next resistance area, which was a pivot point level, and got out of the trade with a profit! Once again perfect textbook trades!

ScreenHunter 75.png

I got another perfect trade setup on CDNA. We have a formation of what I call an inverted head and shoulders pattern, some what of a pattern anyway. Some call it a cup and a handle. This was a pure break out play, as soon as price action broke out from the peeks and broke through the previous low, it was a good opportunity to buy. Price was being supported by a pivot point level. I executed a buy trade with 3 thousand shares because I knew it was a break out play and a quick one at that! Trade entry was $33.58 and trade exit was $33.88

ScreenHunter 77.png

ScreenHunter 78.png

Going to try to keep this up, no loosing trades, from now on trading only what I know​

I have the first trade of the day executed on $AMD. I can see an inverted head and shoulders pattern with multiple trade entry levels. Then there's another smaller inverted H&S pattern which price broke through at the same time as the other one! So we have a double pattern confirming a move higher. Price action broke an important trend line/neck line, which told us that the double H&S patterns are valid and price will look to go higher. There are multiple levels resistance and price started breaking all of them. I entered the trade @ $27.49 with 2 thousand shares just as price action broke through the first level of resistance, my target was the last level of resistance. I got out of the trade @ $27.78! The correct technical analysis never fails! Follow the rules that govern tech analysis and you can stay in the green!!!

ScreenHunter 79.png

Here is another great setup, perfect text book scenario! $INTC has been dropping extensively for a few weeks already, so I was looking to short it, I just needed to wait for some sort of setup to occur and show that it is going to continue heading down! Sure enough, I started to see the setup! We have price action coming back up to to test a pivot point level, looks like price broke through it higher, but, came back down below the pivot point, and started to resist it perfectly, telling us that price will look to drop! I have drown a few trend lines, and looks like price is breaking through them. I waited for price action to break the second trend line, which confirms a move lower. I sold INTC with 1000 shares @ $46.35 and got out at $46.17!

There was a second opportunity for a trade when price action started to break the lowest low, as soon as that happened I opened another sell trade with a limit order of $45.99, as soon as price reached that number I automatically got in the trade. I waited for price action to reach the next support level, which was a pivot point, and got out with profit!

ScreenHunter 80.png

I noticed a formation on UBER, it looked like an inverted head and shoulders pattern, as soon as price action broke the high of the right shoulder, I opened a buy trade @ $43.43, waited for price action to penetrate the higher resistance level and got out of the trade @ $43.90 with a thousand shares! This was a risky trade because UBER just opened up with its IPO, but the pattern was strong and the high of the peek was broken, confirming a move higher!

ScreenHunter 82.png

I'm seeing an amazing trade setting up on AMD. I've got multiple signals going off on different time frames. The most important information I found, was the daily chart showing it has made a bottom with railway tracks formation! On the 15 minute chart we have what looks like an inverted head and shoulders pattern which is supporting a move higher! The head and shoulders pattern is my favorite pattern of all time, because it works itself out most of the times! On the 30 minute chart we have a distinct inverted hammer that found support at a pivot point and at the Fibonacci retracement level of 50%. We have multiple strong signals and valid confirmations that price action will be heading higher! My trade entry was $27.08. I got out of the trade exactly at the pivot point resistance level, as soon as price action touched the pivot, I was out of the trade with a profit! This was just a strong and valid setup!

ScreenHunter 83.png

Amazing trading today! Just have to find whats moving, and see why its moving and where its moving too!

ScreenHunter 85.png

I missed the morning today, figures, the most influential moving day and I miss it! See you all tomorrow !!!

So I took a trade just now, I had to, it was a classical formation there. I wasn't even going to trade today cause I missed all the action in the morning, but, this goes to show you that a trade is hiding anytime of the day. ROKU showed a breakout pattern that is about to happen. On top of this if the break was going to happen it will definitely drop because price action was going to break through a supporting pivot point level! As soon as ROKU price action started to peek its way down, I executed 1000 shares and waited for price to go down a bit and got of the trade with a profit. I love finding these pattern, I just love it, because you cannot be wrong if you reached the correct technical analysis, and that's what I have mastered. Lets look at the chart.

ScreenHunter 86.png

I haven't had any time to post my trades here, I entered the NASDAQ trading competition, which I am leading at the current moment, still 20 days to go, hopefully ill be posting back after the trading competition ends!!!