tech/a and his free system

ducati998

Experienced member
This system was developed by "tech/a in Australia. Currently it is very profitable, but then the ASX is in a bull market. It seems to be pretty much a twist on the Turtle system.

Current System Rules
EOD scan for candidates, make a decision based on capital available, if you like a stock and have capital, buy on next open.
Trade size = 10% of our initial capital of 100k
Initial stop is 10% of purchase price.
Trailing stop = Close crossing 180E MA
Initial stop overrides Trailing stop if purchase price is close to 180ma, eg. If purchase price is within 10% of 180ma then use the 10%. This bit was not tested but is what we have adopted to use in our exercise.

The system formula’s =

Search is set to daily. Copied from original post.

META STOCK
IN INDICATOR BUILDER
Mov(V * C,21,S)
Call this Liquidity.
IN EXPLORER.(This finds your Prospects). Paste in FILTER.
Cross(H,Ref(HHV(H,10),-1)) AND H > Mov(C,40,E) AND HHVBars(H,70)=0 AND Fml("Liquidity") > 500000 AND C < 10.00 AND C > O;

SYSTEMS TESTER
{ENTER LONG}
Cross(H,Ref(HHV(H,10),-1)) AND H > Mov(C,40,E) AND HHVBars(H,70)=0 AND Fml("Liquidity") > 500000 AND C < 10.00 AND C > O;
{CLOSE LONG}
Cross(Ref(Mov(L,180,E),-1),C);
***********************************************************************************
TRADESIM USERS
EntryTrigger:= Cross(H,Ref(HHV(H,10),-1)) AND H > Mov(C,40,E) AND HHVBars(H,70)=0 AND Fml("Liquidity") > 500000 AND C < 10.00 AND C > O;
EntryPrice:=OPEN;
ExitTrigger:=Cross(Ref(Mov(L,180,E),-1),C);
ExitPrice:=OPEN;
InitialStop:=If(Ref(C,-1)>0.90*EntryPrice,0.90*EntryPrice,Ref(C,-1));
ExtFml( "Tradesim.Initialize") ;
ExtFml( "Tradesim.EnableDelayOfEntryByOneBar") ;
ExtFml("Tradesim.EnableDelayOfAllExitsByOneBar");
ExtFml( "Tradesim.EnableProtectiveStop",1) ;
ExtFml("Tradesim.SetStartRecordDate",1,1,1997);
ExtFml("Tradesim.SetStopRecordDate",26,9,2002);
ExtFml( "TradeSim.RecordTrades",
"Tech Trader BT Final ",
LONG,
EntryTrigger,
EntryPrice,
InitialStop,
ExitTrigger,
ExitPrice,
START);

Cheers d998

Hi Ducati,

Can you explain this : Cross(H,Ref(HHV(H,10),-1)) AND H > Mov(C,40,E) AND HHVBars(H,70)=0 AND Fml("Liquidity") > 500000 AND C < 10.00 AND C > O; in english ?

Sorry i'm not good in Metastock formula :(

Many thanks

regards

Hi Duc Ill be in NZ next week.

Greg.
Can you explain this :
Cross(H,Ref(HHV(H,10),-1))
Todays high crosses the highest high of the last 10 days

AND H > Mov(C,40,E)
And the high is above the 40 day exponential Moving average of the close

AND HHVBars(H,70)=0
And the high is the highest high for 70 periods

AND Fml("Liquidity") > 500000
And the 21 day moving average of volume *price is greater than $500000

AND C < 10.00
And close is less than $10

AND C > O;
And close is greater than open

The method was designed by a group of us who like some of you didnt believe that a profitable method could actually be designed and traded.
It is a long trem long portfolio method designed to trade the BT (Bankers Trust) margin list.
It has also been tested and traded successfully using the ASX 300,it is average on the whole ASX.

It is not meant to be the mother of systems but a system which can be seen as profitable and either used as it is or tweeked to suit markets or trading styles.

It has been traded live every week with every win---every loss---every stop for the last 2.75 yrs.
The initial $30000 traded with $70000 loaned on Margin is now $240000 so profit is $170000 on the $30000 over that time.

I trade it myself and my results are not quite as good as those traded in the exercise but still very pleasing.I know of 18 others either using the original or a tweeked version all who are doing very well.It is traded I believe in the US and Hong Kong markets by private traders.

Sure its been a bullish market ---- but if the method didnt perform in a market that its designed for then why design it?

http://www.reefcap.com/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000091.html
Discussions Thread

http://www.reefcap.com/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000396.html
Resultds thread updated each Friday.

Anyway I hope it is of some use to traders in their quest to find a profitable method.

tech

Last edited:
tech,
How you doing.....
What part of NZ will you be visiting?
If Auckland, we'll have to meet, if you have time.

Greg,
There you go, the answer from the man himself.

Duc

Both Islands.
2 weeks South and one North.
Meeting up with ZZ.so why not join us.
Ill post more on Reef.

tech,
Ok, I have ZZ phone# so I'll give him a call, but post me on reef...............small world this internet
cheers d998

Thank you very much for the explanation, i'll test that in Excel!

But "And the high is the highest high for 70 periods" => isnt that very long ? :rolleyes:

Best Regards,
Greg

Last edited:
Well it is a long term method.
The average winning trade is held for just under a year.
If its performing why close it and go trading another which you hope will do exactly the same?

Attachments

• UTB.gif
    UTB.gif
    13.5 KB · Views: 553