Ms Explorer system: Multi Averages system

• Welcome to the newest version of Trade2Win! We're running on the latest version of, what we consider to be, the best forum software available today. Our aim was to keep things as familiar as possible but focus on improving speed, security and usability. We hope you like the result! Please post your questions, comments, suggestions and feedback in the What's New and Feedback Thread - Sharky.
Dec 19, 2002
This is a metastock the explorer system.Which i have discover with few formuls i use together.
i am not finish all this explorer system yet. i will add a signals and when gave a signal days ago.and sell condition
But now people who wants to test must keep a list at the end of the day explore.and following shares
which enter the list new end of the day.results is very intresting.
This explorer use this formuls
1- When(C,>,Mov(C,4,E)) AND When(Mov(C,4,E),>,Mov(C,9,E)) AND When(Mov(C,9,E),>,Mov(C,18,E)) AND When(Mov(C,4,E),>,Mov(C,18,E))
this is a one of the condition for buy .Close price will be higher than 4 days Daily moving average, 4 days moving average will be higher than
9 days moving average,4 days moving average and 9 days moving average at same day will be higher than 18 days moving average
This is the one leg of buy condition
2- Use a Buff averages for 25 days.Close price must be higher than buff averages.
Buff averages formul is a :
X:=Input("Time Periods",1,500,25);
Sum(V*C, X) / (Cum(V) - Ref( Cum(V), -X))
Now time to how put these on metastock
first click the indicator builder and fill the formul name with :Buff averages
then write the formul buff averages:
X:=Input("Time Periods",1,500,25);
Sum(V*C, X) / (Cum(V) - Ref( Cum(V), -X))
second step is a click the explorer button
column a
col name is a close and wirte close
column b
col name is a buffavrg
click the functions button and add a buffaverages formul in this cell
at the end ,filter cell is a fill with :
When(C,>,Mov(C,4,E)) AND When(Mov(C,4,E),>,Mov(C,9,E)) AND When(Mov(C,9,E),>,Mov(C,18,E)) AND When(Mov(C,4,E),>,Mov(C,18,E)) AND colA > colb

This is the one leg of the explorer system because i m not finish still sell position
you can make with sell position with opposite buy condition but at result gives a signal late.
At last Try on yourself and WATCH THE RESULTS.