Help please! System Tester MS- entry at open and exit at close of the same day?

alexstrade

I need help!! I'll try to explain my problem (sorry for my english):

I have a pattern's formula (for example buy setup is "O<=L+(H-L)*0.05 and C>=H-(H-L)*0.05" and sell setup is "C<=L+(H-L)*0.05 and O>=H-(H-L)*0.05)"), then in System Editor I write the setup's formula in "Buy order" and sell setup's formula in "Sell Short Order". Now, when a buy signal is generated, I want system tester to buy the day after at open and sel at close of same day:

Day 1: buy signal (or sell short)

Day 2: buy at open and sell at close (or sell short at open and buy to cover at close)

How I have to configure system tester to do this! I have Metastock v. 9.

Thanks a lot!

alexstrade said:
I need help!! I'll try to explain my problem (sorry for my english):

I have a pattern's formula (for example buy setup is "O<=L+(H-L)*0.05 and C>=H-(H-L)*0.05" and sell setup is "C<=L+(H-L)*0.05 and O>=H-(H-L)*0.05)"), then in System Editor I write the setup's formula in "Buy order" and sell setup's formula in "Sell Short Order". Now, when a buy signal is generated, I want system tester to buy the day after at open and sel at close of same day:

Day 1: buy signal (or sell short)

Day 2: buy at open and sell at close (or sell short at open and buy to cover at close)

How I have to configure system tester to do this! I have Metastock v. 9.

Thanks a lot!

@Alexstrade,

I've used such a concept for an easy system example in my book "Monte Carlo Simulation and System Trading". It's a bit tricky to do such things with the EOD version of Metastock, but it works.

An excerpt of my book concerning this Metastock setup is described in the pdf attachment here.

Hope it helps!

ciao,
zentrader

Attachments

• Metastock_Zentrader_Example.pdf
    647 KB · Views: 6,578