T2W mentioned on FF

neil

Legendary member
These stats. lifted from Forex Factory indicating membership stats.

FF took a massive jump up last week, according to Netcraft. They update their stats on Sunday night (GMT). Now we're at 31,000 from 36,000 from 2 weeks ago.

I would of thought that the rate would slow down since the competition (any site) is harder to beat. At this rate we'll pass the 20,000 boys within a couple of months.

Get the toolbar form toolbar.netcraft.com - it has plenty of other features as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isotonic
You can check site stats with toolbars from netcraft or alexa. I prefer netcraft. I've seen FF rise from just over 100,000 at the start of the year to around 36,000 now.

If you browse the competition you'll see:

MoneyTec 77,000
Trade2Win 70,000
Forex Factory 36,000
EliteTrader 22,000
FxStreet 20,000
DailyFx 13,000
(Motley Fool 1,100)

The rest are pretty much static so at this current rate of growth FF will be bigger than dailyfx, perhaps even this year sometime. Motley Fool is the top dog regarding finance/trading I think and isn't quite in the same category though (stocks).

Rock on!!!

The site url is:

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=2331&page=55

More power to T2W :D

What I want to know is how come the forums are virtually identical in layout and buttons, etc? Did one site rip the other off or is it a franchise, hehe

Must admit I do look on there from time to time as there are some good viewpoints but I use T2W the most as (and I'm not a racist or xenopobe ;)) we're mostly Brits on here and you can use all our lovely stereotypical traits like sarcasm wonderfully without anyone getting hurt...:rolleyes: ;)

Priceman said:
What I want to know is how come the forums are virtually identical in layout and buttons, etc? Did one site rip the other off or is it a franchise, hehe

Must admit I do look on there from time to time as there are some good viewpoints but I use T2W the most as (and I'm not a racist or xenopobe ;)) we're mostly Brits on here and you can use all our lovely stereotypical traits like sarcasm wonderfully without anyone getting hurt...:rolleyes: ;)

ouch!

hint of sarcasm

The power of BB, phpBB

most bulletin boards can be put together from templates.
(Phil Newtron Bombs subscription board also has similar design)

http://www.activeboard.com/ ( as an example of off-the-shelf board )

although, its the content that should be true differentiator.

Forex Factory has an element of high quality, due to its focussing on predominantly FX markets.
They are better than most BBs simply because they seem to profer and dissimenate actual strategies, which I feel is lacking here. (Lots of entries, exits, screen-shots, document downloads, etc)

With regards to membership, its important to monitor how many members actually have "last logged on". (say, in the last 6 months or so)
You may find that the true, active, membership is much smaller.
If a BB is free, there is no need to cancel a subscription, you simply let it lapse, than actively cancel a free membership.
Also, a smaller but more active, quality membership is preferrable to a catch-all forget-the-quality-feel-the-width approach!

At the risk of committing treason to T2W, I tend to go to FF for ideas, and strategies, and information, and similarly to Phil Newtrons trading-strategies, and use T2W as a social element.
( I have never posted on FF, and only 2-3 times on trading-strategies )

Priceman said:

As others have said most boards are some type of platform with custom graphics/home page etc. T2W and Elite Trader, for example, are based on the software available at www.vbulletin.com.