T2W London Pub Meetup

Would anyone be interested in meeting up for a pint on either Fri 26th/Sat 27th Sep or Fri 3rd/Sat 4th Oct? Probably either in the West End or the City.

UPDATE:

Here are the confirmed details:

Venue: The Metropolitan Bar (Weatherspoons) next to Baker Street station: http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/the-metropolitan-bar
Date: Friday, Oct 3rd
Time: 6pm onwards

Look for me nursing a drink by the bar (I'll be wearing a black polo shirt, with the red t2w logo on it). Will also send my mobile by pm to anyone coming.

would love to share a drink at some point in the future ...........no can do on there though .............and don't let Alan talk about golf :LOL:

N

would love to share a drink at some point in the future ...........no can do on there though .............and don't let Alan talk about golf :LOL:

N

:whistling Pity you can't make it, Neil. It would have been great to have you join us.

the more the merrier
Sharky is bringin a grand in cash
if we dont drink it...we get to take it home.....

Hey donaldduke, hows it going? Have you seen anything of bbmac recently?

I aint doing to bad! You coming to this pub meet?
I only ever met bbmac once, when he gave his holy grail presentation in london a few years ago, never saw him again after that!

I only ever met bbmac once, when he gave his holy grail presentation in london a few years ago, never saw him again after that!

Off on a slight tangent I think bbmac's stuff is pretty good. Was the holy grail reference just a joke as I get the impression he was doing OK with his methods, but he never saw it himself as anything other than basic commonsense and good technical analysis.

Jesus man, you've been hiding under a rock......

Off on a slight tangent I think bbmac's stuff is pretty good. Was the holy grail reference just a joke as I get the impression he was doing OK with his methods, but he never saw it himself as anything other than basic commonsense and good technical analysis.

He did a session a few years ago in central london on how he trades (I think we used a production companies offices that Dentist is friends with). It was very good and informative. He did a word document of the session which I will try and find as it's very good if you are a technical trader. His win% was very high because he filtered technical stuff judiciously. By his own admission he relied on a high hit rate as he struggled to hold for long periods but his selection criteria was so good that it looked 'grailish'.

Afterwards a few of us went to the pub including some of the old set like Barjon, DD, BBMAC, Trader Dante and myself.

Unfortunately i'll be busy with work at this time. Pity we all didn't have enough free time at the last event to get completely wasted. That's when secrets come out, so I hear. :LOL:

He did a session a few years ago in central london on how he trades (I think we used a production companies offices that Dentist is friends with). It was very good and informative. He did a word document of the session which I will try and find as it's very good if you are a technical trader. His win% was very high because he filtered technical stuff judiciously. By his own admission he relied on a high hit rate as he struggled to hold for long periods but his selection criteria was so good that it looked 'grailish'.

Afterwards a few of us went to the pub including some of the old set like Barjon, DD, BBMAC, Trader Dante and myself.
Thanks for the detail robster. I suspect I'm not the only one who might appreciate a copy of that doc if you manage to locate it. There seems to have been a peak a few years back. I feel like an archeologist at times.

To be fair I offered to meet up with Sharky as I can't make the London meet and as I'm over here at the moment but I've not heard a word. I was only joking about the starters mate. Tell ya what, I'll stump for a bottle of Bollinger Blanc De Noirs at The Campbell if yer up for it. I'm only here until mid-week then I'm off ta HK so you'll need to get in quick.

Afraid that I exchange on my house this week (first time buy).. And Friday is moving day,

Bye Bye Streatham Hill , Hello Croydon :eek:

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Future meet ups?

I keep a low profile on this site but am an experienced and serious trader. I can't make Friday (wife's away, so I'm in charge on the home front) but would definitely be interested in future events.

Hope Friday is an interesting and enjoyable blast.

Afraid that I exchange on my house this week (first time buy).. And Friday is moving day,

Hope it all goes smoothly for you. Can be a tense time with the potential for so much to go wrong at the worst possible moment so best of luck mate.

Let me know when you're settled in and we can have a swift one at the Porter and Sorter.

To be fair I offered to meet up with Sharky as I can't make the London meet and as I'm over here at the moment but I've not heard a word. I was only joking about the starters mate. Tell ya what, I'll stump for a bottle of Bollinger Blanc De Noirs at The Campbell if yer up for it. I'm only here until mid-week then I'm off ta HK so you'll need to get in quick.

Haha thanks Pat. I've sent you a reply by pm.

Looks like we've hit the magic 5 number, so that's great. If anyone else think's they can make it then do let us know here, and I'll pm you my mobile number just in case.

Bodes well for a 2014 London Xmas Party.