T2W 2003 Christmas Party

Are you interested in coming and if so, what arrangements suit you best?

• Where? London

Votes: 25 67.6%
  • Where? Birmingham

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Where? Leeds

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • When? Thurs, 11th Dec

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • When? Fri, 12th Dec

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • When? Sat, 13th Dec

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Cost? £15-£25/head

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Cost? £25-£35/head

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Cost? £35-£50/head

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Yes please, I would like to come along

Votes: 27 73.0%
  • No thanks, I'm not interested

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Other, please specify on thread

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
oh dear - that means I'm tired of life :rolleyes:

ah well

<hr>
Hi Sharky

I for one am looking forward to it :p

Cheer up Mark, you still have time to escape.

Good thing I am not tired of life - being female ;) (Got you Mr Charts).

You win, orchard ;-)
Well I like Fleetwood. Or is it Fleetwood Mac I like?
ftse-b, no way, you just haven't been to the best places, the doormen think you're not old enough to get in ;-)

LOL Mr.C :LOL:

As a side thought, Sharky please make sure where ever we go, that they let in under 25's. Otherwise the pair of us won't be able to get in, let alone the other youngsters that will no doubt be coming ;)

So far we've had about 16 people request a tickert and that includes their partners/friends. If we can get another 5/10 people then great. We've even got rossored and his partner coming all the way over from Toronto!

If you would like to come along to the Xmas party please send me an email to [email protected] with your username and let me know how many tickets you would like. Partners/friends are invited too.

So is the Xmas party actually on or off at this stage? I ask because I now have an alternative invite for the same night and as far as I know, nothing has been posted to say it is on/off.... :rolleyes:

I know Sharky is on hols this week so I'm not anticipating a reply from him just yet...

Hi Rossored

I spoke to Sharky before he went away and he was putting the finishing touches to the venue. I'm 90% sure it's going ahead, but as your travelling slightly further away I wouldn't like to give my complete assurance.

You have to ask yourself, would you take a trade based on a 90% win ratio with the risk being losing a plane ticket (x2?) and the reward being an evening with us :?: ;)

I would wait until Sharky gets back, just in case.

Well no offence but I'm not coming back - however briefly - just for the T2W party!!!!

I shall only be coming from the Cambridge area so I guess I can wait a few more days....tsk!!! ;)

I can confirm that the T2W Xmas Party is going ahead as planned on Saturday, 13th December. Thanks to Richard Joyson, for suggesting the venue.

The details are as follows:

Venue: Imperial China (Chinese Restaurant)
Time: 8:00pm
Location: London's West End, nearest tube is Leicester Square (see map )
Price: £30/head (15% service charge and drinks are excluded) and no need to pay in advance
Places: Limited to 20 as we have a private room that can only accomodate this many. So please let me know in advance if you are able to come.

Christmas Menu:

STARTER
Dim Sum Platters
Aromatic Duck with Pancake & Vegs Trimmings

MAIN
Deep Fried Sesame Prawn with Orange Sauce
Fried Spicy Salted Squid with Beancurd & Aubergine
Fried Tender Steak Cubes with Mixed Mushrooms
Fried Chicken with Cashew Nuts & Walnuts in Sweet & Sour Sauce
Steamed Sea Bass Fillets with Black Bean Sauce
Light Fried Mixed Vegetables
Imperial Fried Rice with Bacon, Ham & Tomato

DESSERT
House Dessert

Bonus: Not a turkey in sight!

I suggest that those wanting to wet their appetitie with a couple of drinks meet up earlier at a nearby bar/pub at about 7:00pm. If anyone know somewhere conveniently close to the restaurant please let me know, otherwise I'll find somewhere suitable later this week.

Love to attend in London, ( or Watford!!) but can't do weekends.... ( nor Mondays- poker night)

Okay, sorted out somewhere to meet beforehand for those wishing to wet their appetite.

I suggest we meet at 6:30/7 in The Chandos, it's an old fashioned pub on St.Martins Lane, and near to the restaurant. I'll make sure I'm there at 6:30 to welcome you all! In case you don't know who I am, check out the photo in my profile - I'm the one on the left. :cheesy:

Here's the pub:

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/show.shtml/657/

and a map to help you find it..

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=530086&Y=180613&A=Y&Z=1

See you there!

Are we going to see a list of those who have booked the party?
I just need to know whether I should bring a suit of armour and some lethal injestions..................

Didnt realise it was going to be that kind of bash...

Ok check list;
half brick - check
baseball bat - check
stockings - on
check book - check

Right am ready lol :LOL:

NB ;)

NB

That's nothing!!!
I've got many trading stories to bore people into submission :cheesy:

<hr>
Hi Sharky

Excellent. I'll be down there early as well.
food-smiley-005.gif

For anyone who wants to avoid me, my picture is in the gallery as well :rolleyes: